2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: some old buggers from Canada (a few years ago)

some old buggers from Canada (a few years ago) 14 years 6 months ago #2294

• Guy
  • Guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
Here's some of the old buggers from Canada.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:some old buggers from Canada (a few years ago) 14 years 6 months ago #2295

Nice ones Guy! On another note, how do you keep seeds moist? How much moisture is enough? I'm going to be planting seeds in several diferent areas, on most likely different days and want to keep them in good shape.

Thanks!

Re:some old buggers from Canada (a few years ago) 14 years 6 months ago #2320

• Guy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
Maya
The moisture level should be , \"not sticky enough to stick to your hand but enough to try\". They can be left in a plastic container with small holes in the lid in the frig at 45 degrees. Airate them daily by opening and stirring.
- adding some peatmoss is good for when you go out planting, if it is a small amount.
- use a cooler to transport them, the soft tote bag ones are great.

Guy

Re:some old buggers from Canada (a few years ago) 14 years 6 months ago #2322

Nice handfull of root Guy Where abouts in Canada? I know Northern digger digs in Minnesota I am curious as to how far north Ginseng can be found?

Re:some old buggers from Canada (a few years ago) 14 years 6 months ago #2323

• Guy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
I dig in southern Ontario, south of Algonquin park north of Toronto but theres lots farther north. Then if ya get into Quebec thats another story.
Basicly south of the boreal forests.

Guy

Re:some old buggers from Canada (a few years ago) 14 years 6 months ago #2337

Guy How long does season last up there,and are the digging laws about the same as in the states? Bet it would be easy for me to get lost in them big ole woods. Glad to know it is growing that far north it is an amazing plant.

Re:some old buggers from Canada (a few years ago) 14 years 6 months ago #2472

• Guy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
We don't have a season we just dig when it's an ethical time till the snow flies. In Ontario and Quebec the plant is protected by CITIES,COSEWIC AND WAPPRIITA almost forgot SARS. SARS ain't that disease it's some government group. In Quebec they don't pay much attention to any of these groups and allow export. Ontario told me to just export it if I want, no one will say anything.
The boys make all the rules that no one enforces, to protect a plant that they think is endangered. They have this paper that shows where the last stands are and how many plants are left at each site. It's only a few thousand altogether... but it's every where up hear. Them university guys that did the leg work must of just found the local bar or some other crop.
Don't get me started on all this, spent years tring to make them see the forrest thru the trees.

It only grows in these two provinces.

Guy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 412 guests and no members online

Login