2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: STILL FINDING RED BERRIES

STILL FINDING RED BERRIES 11 years 6 months ago #20074

I found about a pound today,some very nice roots.I was happy to see that there are still alot of green healthy plants with red berries on them.The pic is of one nice 4 prong that I found,it only had 1 berrie.Below and down the hill was a patch of about 30 nice plants.I did not take pics I was to busy digging.some of the roots were 30 plus years.It has been a good few weeks here and by the looks I will get atleast a couple more weeks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:STILL FINDING RED BERRIES 11 years 6 months ago #20077

that is a beautifull healthy plant.

im still finding healthy green plants in the very dark n shaded parts of the holler, yellow ones every now and then on sunny slopes.

1 out of 6 still have a berry or two.

i found a nice patch yesterday on an island where the 2 joining creekbeds cut an island out- just shows ginseng will surprise you..

Re:STILL FINDING RED BERRIES 11 years 6 months ago #20127

I dug a pound late yesterday evening and at least a quarter pound of that still had red berries, but then you could go around the side of the hill and would be digging all yellow seng that was almost completely gone. Crazy how it can change that quick from one cove or ridge to the next.

Re:STILL FINDING RED BERRIES 11 years 6 months ago #20140

I found a few nice ones today and about 1/3 of them still had red berreis on.

Many are yellowing too.

Something really special looking about a nice old yellow seng plant that still has a wad of nice fat berries on it.

TNhunter

Re:STILL FINDING RED BERRIES 11 years 6 months ago #20145

Yes I love to look at the big yellow ones too.
Attachments:

Re:STILL FINDING RED BERRIES 11 years 6 months ago #20147

Here is another old one
Attachments:

Re:STILL FINDING RED BERRIES 11 years 6 months ago #20148

AHH YES RED BERRIES,YELLOW PLANTS,GREAT COLORS OF FALL.

Re:STILL FINDING RED BERRIES 11 years 6 months ago #20262

Yes I too have still been finding lush green plants with a couple few berries still attached. There are still plenty of plants that can be found \"IF\" you know where to look. I believe someone already mentioned that you have to hunt the deep dark hollers! Another thing that I've noticed is that woods with natural springs still have lots of seng. Maybe not as much as if there hadn't been drought but I've still found em all the way up the hill sides as well as the tops!B)

Re:STILL FINDING RED BERRIES 11 years 6 months ago #20265

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I love those big yellow bunches also,,,,I will get to go 2 days this weekend because I am taking off to do it.I have just got to go 6 trips this season and I am thinking that I might not get to go after this weekend because of the work load so I told my wife son and soninlaw whitch all help me buy in one state or the other that this weekend you all can have it im gone senging hope to get some good photos and videos from this trip :)

Billy

Re:STILL FINDING RED BERRIES 11 years 6 months ago #20365

IF one and I wish I did, knew where the seng turned yellow first and hunted the yellow areas first letting the green rest till later a body could have a great season.But this time around here your lucky to find a place thats not full of holes.:angry:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 358 guests and no members online

Login