2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ?

Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ? 11 years 7 months ago #19458

Thought it might be interesting to see what all of us seng hunters pack for lunch on a long hunt.

I usually take a can of beenie-weenie's, some crackers, and a few cookies..

This morning I am getting ready to head out and had no beenie-weenies in the pantry, so today I am taking some bacon jerky, cheese and crackers, and a few cookies.

I always take some water and a bottle or two of gator aide.

What do you guys pack along to eat ?

Thanks

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ? 11 years 7 months ago #19466

several banana's and poweraid to keep from cramping up ..nothing worse than leg cramps in the middle of the night:woohoo:

Re:Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ? 11 years 7 months ago #19467

Trailmix, an apple and lots and lots of water!

Re:Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ? 11 years 7 months ago #19471

Usually, I'll try to eat me a good breakfast round daylight and throw vienna sausages/bennie weenies with some type of nabs. And a couple Gatorades. Occassionally a RedBull too.;)

Re:Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ? 11 years 7 months ago #19475

Usually just eat a bunch right before I leave and just drink water at every spring I come to, ever once in a while I might get get lucky and find an apple tree around old homeplaces on the mountaintops.

Re:Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ? 11 years 7 months ago #19476

i like to take a sandwich bottles of water 3/4 frozzen then top off with water so its nice n cold all day i carry these in a backpack which also keeps me cool n some venny jerky n most important a bag of pepermint lifesavers

Re:Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ? 11 years 7 months ago #19492

Deer jerkey and water, sometimes if im gonna be out all day I'll throw in a little debbie cake of some sort.

Hillhopper

Re:Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ? 11 years 7 months ago #19495

I drink out of the creeks and springs and I usually take a pack of crackers in case I get starvin'. I keep a few stems of the seng to chew on. Seems like I want to take a nap if eat to much in the woods. When I get home I usually eat like a horse.:laugh:

SengNveins

Re:Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ? 11 years 7 months ago #19518

Since I usually stay from daylight to dark and I cover a lot of ground I require a lot of calories. Most days I fry some bologna and eggs for a sandwich. I also take a peanut and jelly sandwich and a ripe tomato from the garden. 2 liters of water.

Re:Seng Hunters - Lunch - what do you take ? 11 years 7 months ago #19531

1) A jar of peanut butter. A few bites really go a long ways. Quite filling, since it has a good balance of protein, carbs, and fats. I used to have a difficult time eating peanut butter without something like jelly or jam, but I'm quite used to it. My main rule is to make sure I have a drink ready to go. I don't like stopping for long, so when I do, I tend to scarf it down. Peanut butter doesn't like to be scarfed.

2) Granola bars or cereal bars. Not quite as beneficial as peanut butter, but pretty good for easy food.

3) 1 gallon of liquid. Usually, 1 quart of tea, 1 quart of Gatorade, and 2 quarts of water. I reuse the 1 quart sized Gatorade bottles. I have a couple of springs that I'm not scared to drink out of, so when I'm going there, I don't take as much.

If there is a chance I might end up spending the night in the woods, I'll take extra dry Gatorade in Ziploc bags, extra granola bars, and I'll make sure that the jar of peanut butter was full before I left.

Sometimes, I'll take something like Honey Nut Cheerios to mix in with my peanut butter. I am trying to tell my brain that it is something completely different, but I think it knows better. :side:

On occasion, I do take Vienna sausages, but then I have to take extras. I like them more than the peanut butter, but they just don't satisfy my hunger.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 164 guests and no members online

Login