2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Honey Holler

Honey Holler 12 years 6 months ago #14134

I live in swain county nc and i decided to try a new spot that boarders the park in cherokee.My buddy inherited the land and doesnt hunt so he was more than happy to let me look around. I walked all day saturday not findin anything, started fightin through the laurel to work my way back down the mountain and when i got through the thicket the woods opened up and it felt like the temp droped 5 or 10 degrees. Once I started down the holler seng started poppin up everywhere, before i knew it i had a little over 2 pounds just from one big holler. Im goin back tomorow to try the top half of the holler hopefully its as good as the bottom. Im takin my camera so ill have some pics up of the monster seng in my new honey hole.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Honey Holler 12 years 6 months ago #14148

good luck...

Re:Honey Holler 12 years 6 months ago #14159

thanks bud, same to you. you doin any good this year? what part of the country are you diggin in?

Re:Honey Holler 12 years 6 months ago #14161

ILL....we had a short season here..I will know my total weight by the end of the week , still got a few drying..somewhere at 10 or 11 pound of dry..

Re:Honey Holler 12 years 6 months ago #14163

congrats, thats not bad for a short season. we still have a little diggin left but this cold front is knockin it down, it got down to freezing the past two nights at my house

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 469 guests and no members online

Login