2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Western NC diggers?

Western NC diggers? 12 years 6 months ago #14104

• David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,
Just wondering who all is located in western NC and what the plants are looking like this weekend? I spent 6 hours today and ended up with close to 2 pounds. Most plants were still green. Few were yellow and very few had only stems remaining. LOOks like at least 4 more weeks of digging time on the wet side of the mountains perhaps only 2 on the dry side.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Western NC diggers? 12 years 6 months ago #14107

Located 20 min north of Asheville. Dug Saturday and was spitting snow flurries. On the dry sunny ridges here its mostly gone. Still finding 1/4 green and 3/4 yellow in deep cool hollers. Looks like 2 weeks around here will be it.

Re:Western NC diggers? 12 years 6 months ago #14133

hows goin guys? i live near swain county nc about an hour west of Asheville. I dug saturday no snow but very windy.Found an excellent spot lots of big seng, dug a little over 2 pounds including a monster 4 prong. Most plants were still green even had a few berries, i would say 25% were yellow. Its still lookin pretty good right now. What are they paying where you boys are at?

Re:Western NC diggers? 12 years 6 months ago #14135

$500 as of Friday

Re:Western NC diggers? 12 years 6 months ago #14158

thats good, im at 450 right now but my buyer said its about to go up so im holdin out for a bit.

Re:Western NC diggers? 12 years 6 months ago #14165

Hello all.
I went hunting today and dug about 2 lbs. I'd feel safe to say about 3/4 of what I found was yellow and 1/4 still green. Actually found several that had fell over. This cold snap in the mountains has really worked on the sang. Probably not many days left in my neck of the woods!

Re:Western NC diggers? 12 years 6 months ago #14183

I went on Saturday and Sunday and dug 2lbs in between Asheville and Boone, it was about 75 percent yellow and 25 percent green where I'm at, but I would say the weather this weekend has put a hurting on it, some of the mountaintops here got between a half inch and an inch of snow this weekend.

Re:Western NC diggers? 12 years 6 months ago #14184

I went on Saturday and Sunday and dug 2lbs in between Asheville and Boone, it was about 75 percent yellow and 25 percent green where I'm at, but I would say the weather this weekend has put a hurting on it, some of the mountaintops here got between a half inch and an inch of snow this weekend.

Re:Western NC diggers? 12 years 6 months ago #14212

I live in J?piter ?rea of weaverville about 15 min north of asheville. I went today dug 3 1/2 lbs. Dug a lot that were yellow, a few were still green with berries, and a lot that were brown and dead, did dig a couple that had just stem and berry pod. Just about over here. Can't complain though, with what me and my buddy dug today puts us just over 50 lbs together for the season.

Re:Western NC diggers? 12 years 6 months ago #14220

here in Burke it's about 50/50 . In the lower parts of the swags next to the water i've been finding alot still green with berry's. but the higher up you go, it's been yellow or just berry sticks. My buddy had kidney stones so I went by myself friday and saturday, dug close to 5 lbs. Gonna try to hit 226 next to the county line wednesday (5th) after work. I found a place i swear that hasn't been dug in over 40+ years, there has been some MONSTER roots coming off the swags. Been finding most of it walking the deer trails,,, go figure

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 702 guests and no members online

Login