2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is now the time to hunt

Is now the time to hunt 14 years 9 months ago #1360

Is now the time to hunt ginseng in the midwest?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Is now the time to hunt 14 years 9 months ago #1362

Always check your state regulations on hunting ginseng, but no season is open right now. States always try to wait on when the seed is ripe for planting. And that is usually in Mid August to first of september. In Ky where i live we get to start in Middle of August and sometimes not all the berries are ripe then. I hope I answered your question correctly. You can check your state's regualations right on this webpage. Also check out there Harvest Stewardship of Wild Ginseng i think all beginners and veterans need to practice good stewardship.

Re:Is now the time to hunt 14 years 9 months ago #1367

• nicksmom34
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
No in missouri it is September 1St to March 15th.
Tracey

Re:Is now the time to hunt 14 years 9 months ago #1384

I doubt that it is against the law to go scout for it now, just don't dig til season. I look all the time turkey hunting and any time I'm in the woods. It's kinda hard not to look when you are in a spot that looks right.

Re:Is now the time to hunt 14 years 9 months ago #1392

maya your exactly right every time i am in the hills i am looking for it if it is up. I remember my dad use to take me squirrel hunting in August it and ginseng season opened usually the same weekend. When i fount my first bunch of seng the squirrel hunting was over because i couldn't take my eyes off the ground. I remember Dad use to get so mad at me and tell me to start watching the trees and not what was under it, but i just couldn't help it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Who's Online

We have 347 guests and no members online

Login