2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The best day yet

The best day yet 12 years 7 months ago #12254

I was lucky enough to have a great father growing up, My dad has had me in the woods and on the water all my life. The only thing he ever asked of me was to, take my boy out and teach him the things he has tought me. Well last night for the first time, we had 3 generrations in the woods. It almost made me tear up. Talking about a proud dad, I was last night. I know that my dad was as well.

I found alitte 3 prong right off so I dug it and gave my boy the top, keep in mind he is 4 and turns 5 next month. He was back and forth from me and his papaw diggin' seng. To hear him yell out, \"found another one dad\", to seeing the smiles on both his face and my dads face was priceless I tell ya. We only dug 3.5 oz in our short trip but I tell ya, that 3.5 oz is worth 10 times more then it would ever bring on the market. My song even helped me wash it off and put it on the drying rack. He even wanted to take the tops to school this morning to show his friends and teachers.

The good lord has truly blessed me, and I am forever thankfull to him and give my all to him, for it wasn't for him. We all would be nothing.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The best day yet 12 years 7 months ago #12255

That's a picture of my dad and son, diggin' seng as my little boy would say!

Priceless I tell ya

Re:The best day yet 12 years 7 months ago #12259

You know what they say.... \"The family that plays together, stays together\".

Re:The best day yet 12 years 7 months ago #12296

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I truly enjoyed this picture and story,God bless you and your family,

Billy.

Big Rod wrote:

I was lucky enough to have a great father growing up, My dad has had me in the woods and on the water all my life. The only thing he ever asked of me was to, take my boy out and teach him the things he has tought me. Well last night for the first time, we had 3 generrations in the woods. It almost made me tear up. Talking about a proud dad, I was last night. I know that my dad was as well.

I found alitte 3 prong right off so I dug it and gave my boy the top, keep in mind he is 4 and turns 5 next month. He was back and forth from me and his papaw diggin' seng. To hear him yell out, \"found another one dad\", to seeing the smiles on both his face and my dads face was priceless I tell ya. We only dug 3.5 oz in our short trip but I tell ya, that 3.5 oz is worth 10 times more then it would ever bring on the market. My song even helped me wash it off and put it on the drying rack. He even wanted to take the tops to school this morning to show his friends and teachers.

The good lord has truly blessed me, and I am forever thankfull to him and give my all to him, for it wasn't for him. We all would be nothing.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Who's Online

We have 366 guests and no members online

Login