2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where are you selling?

Where are you selling? 15 years 6 months ago #121

• maya
  • maya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Where are you selling your roots? Last year I think we didn't get good value or weights so I was wondering where you sell? Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Where are you selling? 15 years 6 months ago #227

• Vince the Digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hearing how high ginseng prices went up last year, I recently started hunting ginseng again. I just sold around half a pound dried to my local buyer. I only fetched 400 bucks a pound, and I'm from central WV. IMHO, I thought it seemed low, I expected it to be higher than that. Also, the buyer I sell to, pays $400/pound regardless of root age and quality.

What is everyone else recieving for their roots? I'm really curious......

Re:Where are you selling? 15 years 6 months ago #228

• Hung Lo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i callled a dealer last tuesday, he starts paying 300 for a small amount. 10 pounds and above = 365. im not selling...yet

Re:Where are you selling? 15 years 6 months ago #230

• Vince the Digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jeebas....that just seems low to me. I'm really hopeing it goes up soon. Anyone else bummed about the price?

Re:Where are you selling? 15 years 6 months ago #231

• maya
  • maya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Are you guys talking wild? We got $650 last year for wild, dry any age, just to make sure we're comparing apples with apples.

On another note I had fun in the woods today seein lot's of young ones but not many pickers.

Re:Where are you selling? 15 years 6 months ago #235

• Vince the Digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yup, getting $400/pound for dried wild ginseng.....

I went out today as well for about 4 hours, came back with some decent sized roots, 23 roots in total.

Re:Where are you selling? 15 years 6 months ago #236

• Hung Lo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
maya wrote:

Are you guys talking wild? We got $650 last year for wild, dry any age, just to make sure we're comparing apples with apples.

On another note I had fun in the woods today seein lot's of young ones but not many pickers.

last year i got $500 wild/dry/any age.

i dug a jim-dandy yesterday. 14 inch tall 4 prong. 17 roots in all, the rest were 3 prong. i also seen several starting to turn yellow.

a bit off topic, but what are you guys using (if anything) against ticks and mosquitoes? in 2 hours i had 37 seed ticks on my ankles...

Re:Where are you selling? 15 years 6 months ago #237

• Vince the Digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Awww, I'm a tad jealous.... I haven't seen a 4 prong in awhile. One of the 3 prongs I dug today was almost 2 foot tall tho, almost skipped over it, lol.

I found one tick on me today, the first one I've found in the last week or two of ginseng hunting. But earlier in the year, they were really bad here. I'd pull a couple dozen off me.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 317 guests and no members online

Login