2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question.

Question. 12 years 8 months ago #11903

Is there any type of goverment land in tenn. a person is allowed to hunt, with me living in ky.. is it possible for me to buy a permit to hunt in tenn?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Question. 12 years 8 months ago #11927

Mark,

The link below gets you to the wildgrown sites bit on TN Ginseng Laws. It will answer some of your questions.

www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Laws...and-Regulations.html

==

You don't have to have a license to hunt ginseng in TN, but do have to have land owner permission.

Also - you can't take seng across the State line (like from TN to KY) unless you are a Registered Ginseng Dealer and that cost you 250.00 in TN.

I have not found any State land to hunt on, but I guess there could be some out there.

I have found that if you get to know some landowners and they get to trust you, they will let you hunt on their property. They mostly have to know and trust you though. I have found some land owners that I have talked into letting me hunt on their property by offering to teach them how to find seng, and coach them on how to grow wild simulated.

When I go hunting on someone elses property I always offer to split what I find 50/50 with them. At the end of the hunt I just divide the seng out into two piles and then let them pick which pile they want.

If they actually go with me - even though I may have found 98% of it and helped them find what they did find, I split it with them 50/50.

Good Luck to you !

TNhunter

Re:Question. 12 years 8 months ago #11933

Not trying to steal your post but do you know if you have to have a licenses to hunt it in ky if your non resident?

Re:Question. 12 years 8 months ago #11949

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions TNhunter, I see it only fair splitting up the finds with the owner, also showing them how to hunt/grow it. The more people that understands it and knows the importance of replanting the better off the sang will be.

Re:Question. 12 years 8 months ago #11951

Roothunter, on private land you do not need any type of premit or lincenses, but in the daniel boone national forest a premit is needed, you can buy it sept. 15th it's 20 dollar. You are allowed one pound of green sang,I think this year they are wanting people to plant 1/2 of the seeds found near the sang you dug, the other half they are wanting brought back to a ranger station with the location of where it was dug etc.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Who's Online

We have 56 guests and no members online

Login