2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I want to buy ginseng.

I want to buy ginseng. 13 years 3 months ago #8095

hello
My name is Junnie. I'm korean. so...my english is poor..
Please understand me..
I want to buy ginseng...
can I see you guys ginseng picture?
And I'd like to know the prices too.
I'm looking for fresh wild ginseng. not white ginseng.
anyway can you send to me email?
my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
thank you. have a niceday.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:I want to buy ginseng. 13 years 3 months ago #8096

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Junnie

Fresh Wild Ginseng in the States has all died for the season.The tops die out and then you can not find wild ginseng to buy.All you will be able to buy is dry ginseng.

Unless you find ginseng that has been frozen or that has been refridgerated for about 6 weeks or longer but as far as fresh dug fresh wild ginseng it is not and will not be available untill next season.

Unless some one had a seed bed that they would be willing to dig up to sell you and that is highly doubghtful.

Billy.

Re:I want to buy ginseng. 13 years 3 months ago #8097

thank you billy.
I understand.but I really need a fresh wild ginseng.
If I do not find it fresh wild ginseng,I try to buy Dried wild ginseng. thank you so much :D

Re:I want to buy ginseng. 13 years 3 months ago #8098

Junnie,

I have just established my first seed producing bed this fall and have transplanted 44 real nice old large ginseng roots to it (all nice 3 and 4 prong plants).

They are not for sale at any price.

But I am interested in what Korean buyers like you might be willing to pay for nice old fresh wild ginseng roots (when out of season) like this.

As Billy said - right now you are not going to find any fresh root because the tops died back several weeks ago now and any roots that were harvested have been dried, and I expect most of the dry root has been sold already.

We sold a couple weeks ago for 700.00/lb on our dry roots.

One reason I am asking you about the price you would be willing to give for nice fresh roots out of sesaon is that over the next few years I may be establishing more and more seed producing beds and will have some nice roots that could be located in those beds and harvested fresh (long after the top is gone).

In some years when the ginseng price is not very high (in the future) I may transplant many good roots to a seed bed and store them there and either just collect seed for planting the next fall, or if the price is right could harvest a few of those nice old wild roots fresh (during the winter months) - that is if the price is right.

Just to give you a sample of what our seng looks like - here is a picture of a nice wild ginseng root that was harvested this year.

This one weighed 1.5 oz green. It was growing wild on a bluff over looking a creek and was in mineral rich soil with high calcium content. The plant was very healthy looking and the root had lots of root hairs.

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:I want to buy ginseng. 13 years 3 months ago #8099

Here is a sample of what the tops on our seng plants look like.

This top - was with the root shown above.

TNhunter

Below is a link to a vid on youtube that shows the types of areas we find wild ginseng growing in, tops, roots, creeks, waterfalls, deep in hardwood forrest here in Middle TN.

Attachments:

Re:I want to buy ginseng. 13 years 3 months ago #8100

Junnie,
How much Ginseng are you wanting? I may have some fresh I can get for you.

Re:I want to buy ginseng. 13 years 3 months ago #8102

TN, you and Billy sure make some great videos!
Thanks for taking the time guys.
Latt

Re:I want to buy ginseng. 13 years 3 months ago #8103

thank you all :)
I'm still looking for fresh ginseng.
if you guys have a fresh ginseng, can I buy it?

Re:I want to buy ginseng. 13 years 3 months ago #8115

how much are u giving a pound right now billy

Re:I want to buy ginseng. 13 years 3 months ago #8116

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I am not buying right now the price has droped to low here and the diggers that didnt sell are stuck with taking 100 dollors or less for there seng than what they could have got if they had sold when it was at the 700 area and the 2 dealers that I was buying and reselling to quit taking seng because they can not get what they wanted or want for it by the drum so if i bought now i would have to hold it.As you know my favorite market is fresh ginseng,,,I only buy dry when i can move it I do not hold on to it,except I do hold a few pounds for other reasons.

I was told that the price could raise in a few weeks and if they sold a few drums then they would go back up,but on that I am not sure.

Billy.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 543 guests and no members online

Login