2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Looking to buy older ginseng

Re:Looking to buy older ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #753

no thank's.................i won't spilt mine up ,i will wait......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Looking to buy older ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #754

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
People amaze me

Re:Looking to buy older ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #755

morning billy how you doing......i'm headed for my stand.....seen a shootable buck last evening. i hope he comes slipping through there this morning.....what ya think about this offer on here

Re:Looking to buy older ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #764

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Good evening Chieftain man I sure hope you get a shot at that nice buck.I to will get to hunting next weekend,my first trip this year,because of work,but the boss gave me a whole week :) sweet.

Well I`ll be honest with you Chief about this offer,I think the whole world would be happy to eat a big red apple.

It`s a shame that any one would even ask such a thing,its simple tho really,they dont love it,and dont have the passion we do,simply put,for true diggers it simply aint all about a quick buck,they should be able to see and reconise this,but greed blinds there thoughts of 2 things,1-the person who worked for the roots, 2-the respect they should have learned at home or through life for others and there labours.The over all bag is not worth as much as it would be without the nice roots,I lol when he said he wanted to get us twice as much as the market price for the big roots to make good money,thinking I guess that we where not smart enough to realise that the overall bag with big roots included would pan a larger profit,even if the pound was 500 instead of 600 for just the big roots,

Chieftain,I want to give our friends on here my example seeing I got started on this - If you have 5 pounds and you sell 2 pound of your best roots for say $500:00 dollors a pound that = $1000:00,then all you have left is the 3 pound of average roots,then your small roots would be worth around $400:00 if you where lucky seeing you cut the good stuff,so that = $1200:00 you end up with $2,200:00 for the 5 pound,,,,,,,,,,,,,but if you sell the whole lot to a dealer,and trust me any good dealer wants the lot,not a part,and he will pay better overall to get all the roots together.So if he pays $500:00 a pound for your lot,you get $2500 for the same 5 pounds of Ginseng by not spliting it up,hey im just an old country boy,but seems I made $300:)0 more dollors by waiting on my dealer,instead of a cheap trick.

I would say sory,but im not sory,thats the way I see it,its a cheap trick.

I wasent going to say anything,but thanks for asking me,sometimes maybe we should say something.

Thats my honest answer Chieftain,
Billy.

Re:Looking to buy older ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #765

very good post Billy...i hope you get out there and kill a good one....

Re:Looking to buy older ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #776

Thank you all for the e-mail responses. I have enough contacts for now except perhaps for someone in Wisconsin or Minnesota.

As a retail buyer who buys for myself and family, there are two kinds of people I run into when buying ginseng.

Ones that see me and want to charge me an arm and a leg. One famous dealer in Maryland wanted to charge me equivalent of 3000 a pound for fresh roots, and 1000 a pound for wild simulated simulated when I drove 3 hours there. Some dealers tell me the real old stuff are \"priceless\" and you should expect them to sell for \"millions\" in Asia. When ginseng price is 250-350 according to this site, some on this board want 2000 a pound for a mix of older stuff and crap, and some wants to give me a discount for oh, 600 a pound for the mix. How many people here would want to sell their roots to me today for $550 right now? What gives some the right to demand a \"discount selling price\" of 600? Many ebayers don't even get 400 a pound. What can I say, it's been quite entertaining.

Second type of people are more straight forward. They know the dealers will pay a crappy price for the common stuff, and the same crappy price for the \"awesome roots\" that they've been bragging to their friends about for a month. They know that I appreciate the awesome stuff and I walk the talk by paying AT LEAST double (not a crappy 100 dollar more in Billy's scenario). Yes, I do work hard for my money and I don't sell my roots. These diggers are happy that finally somebody appreciate their good stuff, and not someone that beat the price down and throw the good stuff in the barrel with the rest of the broken up pieces. I pay a lot higher for roots even older. I showed up at one ginseng meet and bought the two nicest hundred year old roots for asking price...don't ask me how much but it's not priceless. I keep my roots in airtight glass jars and cases and look at them everyday like you do with your nice pieces. I preserve my fresh old pieces in 50% alcohol in glass only jars with no plastic interface. I preserve my dried ones in the same airtight jars and cases filled with Argon to prevent oxidation. Do you do that? or do you keep them in grocery store paper bags and stash them where you don't see them, until the price is right. Yes, my wife if fed up but probably for some of you too. For these honeset folks that understand this, they also know that I pay them well. They send me what they have without even calling me...then they sell the rest of the junk on Ebay or to the dealers. They are very very happy, and sends me packets of dried ginseng leaves and mushrooms, and get suprised when I try to pay them for those too. We intend to do business year after year. I am the \"end customer\" that people like Bob Beyfuss likes to deal with. Yes, if you like I also buy a lot through Ebay....where the I usually get great deals and make lots of new contacts.

I don't set the crappy market price. My 401K is half what it was, nevermind my home. That doesn't give me the right to give my broker the attitude and demand at least 50% more than what they are worth. Why do Asians buy from dealers, and why are diggers getting ripped off by the \"middleman\"? Perhaps one of the reasons would be that so far I find many diggers to be the first type, and dealers to be the second type. I rather pay more, than play games like the postings you see on this thread. I met most of my friends through my collecting hobbies. I believe at the end of the day, it's the friendship and relationship that counts, not the game playing for some stinking dollars. Hope many of you agree to that.

Re:Looking to buy older ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #778

well heres the deal again ...I'v got the commodity you want buy.....and I will sell it ....but under my condition's not your's......now the diggers have done all the hard work to harvest it....and you'v done none of that....you want to come in here and buy only the best root then call the rest junk .....you must not look at ebay very much when i looked yesterday there was plenty of bid's over $500.00 apound and that was for all of it even the as you say the junk...and as far as if i don't care if they throw it in a barrel with the rest of the broken pieces.....after i get my hard earned money.....I dont care if they smoke it or do what every they want with it.....it's thier 's then...[even put in a jar and look at it]i think the game playing is being done by you.if getting the most for your hard work is game playing then I'm definatly a player then......... good luck ..........

Re:Looking to buy older ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #781

Chieftain, I don't know what planet you are from but I always thought the buyer and seller has to AGREE before a transaction takes place. It doesn't work on seller's condition only, and the proof is that you don't have your ginseng sold. Unfortunately, in smaller towns with limited dealers, the buyers got the advantage and the diggers often have to take whatever unreasonable price and terms that's offered. In an open market like this board is trying to setup, it's meant to bypass the middleman and allow you guys to sell directly to the someone down the chain. I truely hope it's more on the level. If you don't like to sell to me, don't. Sell to someone else. Same as Ebay. The pound drys are not selling even for 400 (check ones from your state and Kentucky). Yes, if you piecemeal them or sell the older fresh ones it's a different price. But again, not really on commodity terms anymore. I know every ginseng lot on Ebay and spent over a thousand dollars last week buying, and will plan to do it to a lesser extent this weekend as my deals here take place. I don't go into the supermarket and have the grocer tell me that I have to buy the whole cow and not just the steak. As a result I pay way more per pound fo the steak but that's all I can fit in my frying pan. You know the grocer is making a tidy profit by me \"taking only the best parts of the cow.\" They worked hard to get me the product. Don't tell me it don't take no work to make 700 after tax dollars to pay for a pound of older ginseng I want.

Re:Looking to buy older ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #783

I'm from the good ol' US of A....that was built on free enterprise .....where you from a communist country ......no they don't have to agree the seller has the upper hand .....he has what the buyer want's if the buyer won't pay ....you don't sell....you come up to my price or you don't buy...then we will talk about an agreement......but seller's still have what you want ....you will either have to pay more or go find some one that will take your price......the seller always has the option to turn down any offer....if you don't pay what people demand for their labor ....I suspect you will be looking at a lot of empty jars.....like I said before you made an offer for some of the root then called the rest junk.....none of my root is junk to me...I was the one who dug it...now i'v refused that offer...and no i haven't sold yet [or let some one screw me out of it]which still makes it mine.....thats funny two week's ago my buddy sold 3 pounds on ebay for $550 a pound ,he lives less than two miles from me so that shoots that idea about ..sang from my state not bring $500.00 a pound.....and that state to state stuff is just another buyer's ploy to nitt pick the sellers sang...I sold ALL mine last year for $760.00 a pound to a chinaman in California and he never once ask what state it was from ....did he make money I sure hope so ...thats free enterprise......

Re:Looking to buy older ginseng 15 years 4 months ago #786

• ky digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jeff, I think you could buy enough ginseg from this board for 500.00 a pound. I know this is fair and you have seen pictures of my seng. All everyone wants is a fair price. I make no excuses about the market or anything else. You know that at 500.00 a pound will be the dream price next year. Bottom line 500.00 a pound for all or wait till next year. I only have about two pounds and my son-in law has one and a half. We hope to do bussiness with you but will hold or wait till 500.00 a pound.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Who's Online

We have 157 guests and no members online

Login