2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 300.00/lb or so starting off this year...

300.00/lb or so starting off this year... 13 years 7 months ago #4419

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if any of you have heard what the buyers in your area are going to start off offering for Ginseng this year.

I just called and talked to the guy we have sold to the last two years (Glenn Bradey in Pulaski TN) and he said he planned to start off offering around 300.00/lb for dry.

He said that could change quickly depending on supply/demand but somewhere around there is where he planned to start off.

He said he got 540.00/lb for the last bit he sold of last years crop around March 30 2010 and he thought that the price ending up strong like that should be a good sign for this comming year.

I doubt seriously I will sell any before at least November and may even hold mine until March this year depending on which way the price seems to be moving.

It is nice that something we enjoy hunting so much can also put a little jingle in the ole pocket !

If you have heard anyting back from your local buyer on starting price - let us know.

Thanks

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:300.00/lb or so starting off this year... 13 years 7 months ago #4429

My friend called today and he says our dealer is expecting to start at $350.00. I know a Chinese guy that always pays $50.00 more than anyone else, so I'm assuming if the norm is $350 he'll start at $400. I hope so. Bad thing is it's so dry here that everything is dieing off early. Will really have to get out there and find as much as possible as early as possible. Good luck everyone.

Re:300.00/lb or so starting off this year... 13 years 7 months ago #4431

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Tnhunter I have always delt with the same dealer and year after year he always gives me the very best price.The big guy that he sells to has predicted a very accurate account of the ginseng prices every year for 4 years straight.This season is supposed to be a good year for selling and our wild seng should be worth up to 200 dollors more per pound than it was last season to those who sale later as I do.He looks for it to go for 650 per pd or more dry.I hope so,as I said he has not been 50 dollors of one way or the other in 4 years.

I will post the staring price a little later as he is not sure just yet what he will start out at.

Re:300.00/lb or so starting off this year... 13 years 7 months ago #4464

I have also heard the price should be good this year. I am really hoping for 600 or better.

Re:300.00/lb or so starting off this year... $425.00 13 years 7 months ago #4486

• jamieak33
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
MY buyer is already at $425.00 dried pound. I live in northwest pennsylvania and our season opened august first this year. I couldnt sell untill August 10. My buyer says it should take nice climb in price by september. We do have very high quality root here because the majority of people dont even know it grows in this area. I find new patches every year and they only increase in size. I only dig few pounds a year. I have dug three main patches for the last 9 years and dont even put dent in the population. They are crazy large patches. WE also have large patches of black cohosh here I dig about 20-30 pounds in couple hours just takeing my time and enjoying the woods. My buyer is also paying $16.00 dried pound for the red hemlock varnish shelf. they are useing for cancer research. It is a red mushroom type fungus that only grows on hemlock trees around cool damp areas. But you can get as many as 50 - 100 shelfs of one tree it is easy fast cash.

Re:300.00/lb or so starting off this year... 13 years 7 months ago #4794

if your not getting at least 400 per pound your getting ripped off

Re:300.00/lb or so starting off this year... 13 years 7 months ago #4795

i sold 10 pounds last year to some oldtimer , threw a couple dead birds in there , he didnt mind

Re:300.00/lb or so starting off this year... 13 years 7 months ago #4803

600 or better or ill keep it,it aint worth what we go through to give it away..

Re:300.00/lb or so starting off this year... 13 years 7 months ago #4804

Moondg,
You put a dead bird in the bag?

Re:300.00/lb or so starting off this year... 13 years 7 months ago #4817

• sengnut
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
good thinking moondog that makes the bag wey more.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 358 guests and no members online

Login