2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Harvest volume up or down in your state

Re:Harvest volume up or down in your state 9 years 1 month ago #34628

I didn't buy as much as I did last year.

However, I might have bought more if I had kept buying up to this point based on all the calls I've gotten of folks who held their ginseng after November thinking they would get higher prices. Now, they are scrambling to get it certified before the end of this month with only two certification dates left.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Harvest volume up or down in your state 9 years 1 month ago #34630

I bought a little more than usual. Turned down about 3 times as much
as I normally do for poor quality. Also several new dealers in town .
From what I can tell harvest up quality was down a little hear in Ga.

Re:Harvest volume up or down in your state 9 years 1 month ago #34639

I agree Knob. I turned down much more than normal because the quality was lower.

Re:Harvest volume up or down in your state 9 years 1 month ago #34643

In my opinion that means there is a lot more folks that are inexperienced or inconsiderate of the plant, and nature in general, (or both) out there digging this year. One can only assume that is partly caused by the American Outlaws show. A clear sign of the damage it is causing. They should have a clear warning/recommendation after every commercial break and at the beginning and end of each episode highlighting the importance of good stewardship. But that won't get more ratings so it won't happen.

Re:Harvest volume up or down in your state 9 years 1 month ago #34646

I agree everyone should know there actions on the show would lead to jail time or much worse if the thing wasnt fake . it does seem to me the data of harvest trends would be one of the most inportant things in monitoring ginsengs over all health but i can see how releasing that info to the public might be a bad idea still would love to know thou.

Re:Harvest volume up or down in your state 9 years 1 month ago #34647

I agree everyone should know there actions on the show would lead to jail time or much worse if the thing wasnt fake . it does seem to me the data of harvest trends would be one of the most inportant things in monitoring ginsengs over all health but i can see how releasing that info to the public might be a bad idea still would love to know thou.

Re:Harvest volume up or down in your state 9 years 1 month ago #34666

lenno wrote:

KYginseng wrote:

Whitjr wrote:

Nationwide data.. is there such a thing? This forum is as close to that as it gets, I'm thinking. And i don't think anyone tabulates stuff here. Maybe some that are \"Officials\" would like to weigh in here...

Having said that, I do remember that a drought such as the one --two seasons ago-- will have persistent effects for several years after. both in plant growth and seed production.

That information, to my best knowledge, isn't publicly compiled. No
further comment.

That's strange, why wouldn't it be available?

We won't know in Indiana until several months after buying season closes. Until everything's certified our state doesn't publish figures as they would only represent a portion of the harvest.

Re:Harvest volume up or down in your state 9 years 1 week ago #34957

hey every one i am new to the form. and sorry if i am in the wrong place but i live in Mississippi and getting started planting seeds in the next planting window. does any one know if i am able to sell to you guys in tn. i don't;) see anything in my state saying i can not here. but just wondered if i can cross the state line to sell to tn dealers as i dont know any or find any here. thanks

Re:Harvest volume up or down in your state 9 years 2 days ago #35057

I edited to my original posting to clarify my earlier statement. I'm sure that data exist for policy making, but it's not publicly published.

One could probably, theoretically, over-time build that information themselves, by requesting the information state by state, year by year.

KY dealers are given this information each year with their registration packets.

Re:Harvest volume up or down in your state 9 years 2 days ago #35059

Hello spencerpearson22- welcome to this forum..

It's good protocol to start a new post in the section most like your Q. for example, you could use the Growing Ginseng section for your Q.

KYginseng-- when you say that this info is provided to the dealers in your stqte... do you mean your state's info?

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 360 guests and no members online

Login