2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Illinois price

Re:Illinois price 9 years 5 months ago #32939

illinoisdigger wrote:

Sorry thought you said Darwin, I see now it was someone else. I will have about 6 1/2 pounds.

......Darwin is paying 600.last I heard ...this guy is his first year buying..my buddy is trying to get his number and name for me.i will let you know....that's about what I have..don't know for sure my big roots are not dry yet....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois price 9 years 5 months ago #32955

I just got off the phone with Darwin and he is back up to 640 dry pound. He knows about the guy/gal buying in Montrose. I will stay with someone I trust and gives you seeds to replant.

Re:Illinois price 9 years 5 months ago #33031

Ive delt with Darwin for a lot of years on root and fur,plan on dealing with him again this year......like you said ...I will stay with someone I trust....

Re:Illinois price 9 years 5 months ago #33130

ILL. have you talked to Turley at Greenville...

Re:Illinois price 9 years 5 months ago #33135

I have talked to him. He offered me 600 without seeing my roots. I found that kind of strange because I am new to digging and he knows it. However at the beginning of the season I brought some in to show him and he gave me a few pointers. He also mentioned that my roots looked really good. He taught me a lot in about 30 min which in the future will be priceless. He is optimistic about the market but says all the buyers offering him not enough.

The guy from Montrose has a craigslist ad in the St. Louis Section of Missouri. He said about 2 weeks ago he was giving 660 but had since went to 625.

I have just been trying to learn what I can about the whole process here and must say there is a little more to this ginseng thing than I expected. I have been having a blast hiking through the timber....I just plain love it out there!

Re:Illinois price 9 years 5 months ago #33220

A buyer down around Mt.Vernon is giving 700 a pound...

Re:Illinois price 9 years 5 months ago #33222

Chiefton, who is the buyer? I might have to check that out, sounds pretty good.

Re:Illinois price 9 years 5 months ago #33223

I think his name is on the buyers listed on the state list .my buddy talked to him Sat.i will try and get his number and post it.....

Re:Illinois price 9 years 4 months ago #33431

The man at Greenville is now at 650 to 700....

Re:Illinois price 9 years 4 months ago #33605

talked to the man in Effingham this morning........750 a pound..

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 578 guests and no members online

Login