2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Middle Tennessee Prices 2014

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 4 months ago #33862

I was planning on maybe doing this Hugh on Tuesday but then I didn't sale my sang

Hugh Hartsell wrote:

Evening TN,
If you do go over to the buyer's place and sell, would you take some pictures while you're there, if it's alright with him. We rarely have any diggers to photograph the sales events.
I hope you get a good price.

Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 4 months ago #33874

I sold today to Jack Davidson over in Wayne County for 635.00.

I'm happy.

Hugh... I got my camera out this morning and made a pic of my seng (pic below)... and sit my camera by the box so I would not forget to take it with me to the sale.

Then when my Nephew arrived we got to talking deer hunting, and as we left to sell I got my box and forgot the camera.

We met Jack in a old store that his dad used to run just off hwy 64 between Waynesboro and Savanna TN. The old store looked like it had been closed a long time, but he had a nice set of scales in the back where we weighed and sold our seng.

I ended up with 16.4 oz and my nephew had 18.2 oz.

For those of you still holding on... Best of Luck !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Middle Tennessee Prices 2014 9 years 4 months ago #33884

TNHunter,

Nice looking roots. well cared for and a nice golden brown color and well ringed.

$635 a lb. was a good price considering the volatile market.

We've talked about what is really the normal pricing and for (this part) of TN and KY I'd say $600 is high normal.

Next year 2015 season I expect about the same pricing unless there is a huge drought or some other calamity that might cause a higher than normal prices. Good Quality is the key.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Who's Online

We have 180 guests and no members online

Login