2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: pricing question of individual select roots..

Re:pricing question of individual select roots.. 9 years 6 months ago #31295

Pic #8 posted for IowaGrown.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:pricing question of individual select roots.. 9 years 6 months ago #31299

Thanks man, whaddya think??

Re:pricing question of individual select roots.. 9 years 6 months ago #31324

Deleted.

Re:pricing question of individual select roots.. 9 years 6 months ago #31341

Nice looking roots!

Iowa soil is very different from Appalacian soil. It's been deposited by a zillion years of Glacier movement. the soil there is almost black, dense, and rich. It's condusive to growing trees, crops, and other flora are at an excellerated rate- higher than our soils here back east. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, not at all.

i was wondering recently wether the soil there would grow 'Sang. with the photos posted here in this thread now I see what the differences are. I suspect that those roots are younger than the neck appears, due to the excellent soil conditions.

IowaGrown - can you describe [generally] where these roots grew? Hillside? Wooded riverbank? I mean, given that there are no real mountains in Iowa....

Re:pricing question of individual select roots.. 9 years 6 months ago #31356

It is different. I should specify though, these roots were harvested just over the WI border. I dig all around the state of Iowa but not much in it. Licensing and traveling gets expensive but days like this make it worth it. As far as Iowa soil goes, its a slow growth. I've got beds of root I planted fifteen years ago that have an average neck size of less than an inch. Just to clarify, roots shown are still located in Wisconsin. I don't hop borders with my roots unless they go in my personal collection. Having friends in surrounding states is an amazing thing, allows me to enjoy digging in all types of areas. West Virginia is definitely on my list to hit next year :)

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Who's Online

We have 423 guests and no members online

Login