2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Dwarf Ginseng: The little, little noticed Ginseng

Re:Dwarf Ginseng: The little, little noticed Ginseng 8 years 1 week ago #38222

Need a few roots for testing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Dwarf Ginseng: The little, little noticed Ginseng 8 years 9 hours ago #38263

I'll see what I can do Dr GinSeng, the plants don't have tops yet so it may be May.

Re:Dwarf Ginseng: The little, little noticed Ginseng 7 years 11 months ago #38308

Ittiz,

I would love to add some dwarf ginseng to my small ginseng garden, Would you be willing to pull up a few roots and mail them? I would be more than happy to pay the expense.

Re:Dwarf Ginseng: The little, little noticed Ginseng 7 years 11 months ago #38309

OK, so the tops are up, however considering the small size of these plants what I'm going to do is dig up a small test batch. Maybe an ounce, see how long it takes me and calculate a price based on that and let you guys know. Also keep in mind that harvesting these plants is highly unsustainable. They grow really slowly and their root size maxes out at about pea sized. The only reason they are common is because people don't pay much attention to them.

Re:Dwarf Ginseng: The little, little noticed Ginseng 7 years 8 months ago #38852

Sorry guys, got too busy to dig up those plants. I test dug a couple, it took way too long (probably thousands of dollars a pound), and quite frankly my time is worth more than that. No fool would pay what I'd charge to do that. If the amount was a few ounces than I could oblige, but pound would decimate the population of Dwarf Ginseng on my property. I'd recommend doing a small test on a few people. Digging dwarf ginseng is extremely time consuming regardless of efficacy.

Re:Dwarf Ginseng: The little, little noticed Ginseng 7 years 8 months ago #38860

Tks will need just a few for testing

Re:Dwarf Ginseng: The little, little noticed Ginseng 7 years 8 months ago #38868

DrGinseng, Are you buying ginseng leaves?

Re:Dwarf Ginseng: The little, little noticed Ginseng 7 years 8 months ago #38869

Yes, only wild or organic

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 254 guests and no members online

Login