2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Latest prices for Ginseng and other Herbs in Tennessee?

Re:Latest prices for Ginseng and other Herbs in Tennessee? 11 years 6 months ago #20170

TNhunter,

Nice pic and nice string of Bass! Wow April 1973, that brings back some memories! I had just arrived at my Duty Station in Germany (formerly West Germany). I was assigned to Headquarters Company of the 2nd Battlalion, 33rd Armored (Tigers) in 1st Brigade of the 3rd Armored Division at KirchGöens. We were the last Tank Battalion of Patton's Tiger Division.

No, I have never seen a string of largemouth or even smallmouth bass that big! I would bet that your dad was extremely proud of that catch and that day and that you were proud he was your dad!

Growing up, we ate catfish, squirrel, rabbit and quail a lot but also ate a lot of pork and chicken as my dad and mom raised both hogs and chickens. My dad made the best pork sausage in Knox or any of the surrounding counties and my mom made chicken and dumplings to die for!

I once saw a pickup truck bed full of Stripers brought back from Dale Hollow Lake and a car trunk full of Brooder Trout in West Virginia. The sad thing about both catches was that they were illegal in both instances as there were only two guys that caught the Stripers and two guys that caught the Trout which was well above the Limit.

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Latest prices for Ginseng and other Herbs in Tennessee? 11 years 6 months ago #20172

Thanks for the reply huntsman53

Re:Latest prices for Ginseng and other Herbs in Tennessee? 11 years 6 months ago #20331

I'm about 50 miles west of Nashville, Dickson County

Re:Latest prices for Ginseng and other Herbs in Tennessee? 11 years 6 months ago #20333

TNhunter wrote:

huntsman53...

Now here is a pic of my Dad from 1973 and a \"REAL NICE\" string of largemouth bass...

The top 10 weighed 79 lbs 15 oz.

He caught that string fishing by himself on a lake in west TN - said there were tornado warnings out but he just kept on fishing that day. He caught most of those within a 2 hour period.

When I was a kid growing up we ate more fish, deer, squirrel, quail, dove, etc... than we did beef, pork, chicken.

I have never seen a picture of a string of bass from TN that even came close to this one. I expect it could be the largest string of bass ever caught in the state of TN.

TNhunter

Tn....I will have to agree with you, that is probably the best string if bass I have ever seen. That is really something, just plain awesome !!!! I love the look on your dads face, I like them old pictures. Thanks for sharing that is to cool.

SengNveins

Re:Latest prices for Ginseng and other Herbs in Tennessee? 11 years 6 months ago #20336

I know of a couple buyers in wv one is looking for older green wild or woodsgrown seng.Size is not as important as age. $185 a pound green for wild or $100 for woodsgrown. Another buyer is looking for seven to 15 year old cultivated roots for seed stock. He is paying around fifty dollars a pound for green send. Maybe a little more depending on size. You can call me at 304-646-7091 and I will get you there info.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 119 guests and no members online

Login