2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Wild Ginseng Prices

Re:Wild Ginseng Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19228

Shomeroot,

I should have clarified that point. You are absolutely correct. To add to my original post. The only reason a buyer will buy green seng is to make money. That is why they are in the business. Very rare is the situation one can sell their seng green and make more money than selling it dry.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wild Ginseng Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19229

I started this topic on buying and selling Ginseng. My very first message states that I faintly know of a senger who is currently offered $300.00 per wet weight. I finally found out why. His buyer will only pay that price for all roots that are 20 years old and older. Those types of roots are much harder to find. So that explains the premium price. The buyer is buying premium quality roots. The person selling the roots does not want everyone to know who his buyer is. And I can understand that. As too many people bring roots to his buyer, the current price may actually drop if the buyer got flooded with root offers. Plus his buyer is very selective of who he will buy from. That is all I know.

Re:Wild Ginseng Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19248

My cousin called a gentleman who buys seng in WV to ask how the prices were looking. Starting price is going to be $450.00. Looking to go at least $600.00. Says the demand should be heavy. As with anything things can change.

Re:Wild Ginseng Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19275

I was just quoted yesterday at $120 for fresh and $435 for dried. So its better for me to dry it.

Re:Wild Ginseng Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19280

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I do not usaly post on a topic concerning prices because I am a dealer and well to be ohnest things got out of hand on a topic last season with sevral members and it was disturbing to me so I just do not say nothing no more concenring prices.All of my friends and diggers that know me know that they can get a fair price from me and also know that I will tell them the truth no matter what is going on good or bad.

But I liked something that jakopier1 said,
I was just quoted yesterday at $120 for fresh and $435 for dried. So its better for me to dry it.

Well said and understood it is very easy to understand that drying the early seng will bring you a better profit.

I want to add something here to what jakopier1 said just for people who understand me I am not starting a topic or changing this one,this is just advice from someone who will not misslead you.

Early market it is good to dry your seng,late market watch the prices at this point fresh ginseng will be sought for in the last 2 to 3 weeks and most of the time it will actualy do better fresh than dry at that time and point in the season/Now before any one ask`s I will tell you how you will know.If dry ginseng has slowed down and not reach at least $500:00 + a pound near end of digging then check your favorite fresh buyer and most likely there is one not to far from you.If he is paying 160 to 200 a pound fresh consider your fresh to dry ratio and if you are better at that time to sell fresh then you will get the best of both worlds.

2 years out of the past 15 the system was better to dry all of my dug ginseng but the other 13 I made more off of my late fresh ginseng later in the season just watch and keep a record not for everyone but for yourself in your area.

G/L to all I hope you the very best no matter how you sell,those who labor deserve the meat as the good Lord said thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn for you.

Billy.

Re:Wild Ginseng Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19414

Billy that was probably me getting out of hand last year...:) I know that with no dig in my area this year and the early prices I've seen on here this year ,I'am glad I held on and didn't take last years prices that some quoted on here:) ;)

Re:Wild Ginseng Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19456

Good morning, I am wondering if anyone knows what the price for dried seng might be in southeast Ky. We are new to selling ginseng, but we have some nice wild roots that we have dug. Proably have gotten almost a pound by now. Thanks.

Re:Wild Ginseng Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19516

I was quoted 400 for dried starting the 15th and 100 for wet..I'm located in south central Ky.

Re:Wild Ginseng Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19778

600 dry in wi

Re:Wild Ginseng Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19953

guy in kenton county paying 11.00 a ounce wet and 25.00 dry number is 513-377-5019 ask for terry

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 569 guests and no members online

Login