2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: southeastren ky prices

Re:southeastren ky prices 12 years 4 months ago #16106

I'll give out my price ideas for professionally collected and handled season's collections as follows as of today:
For high elevation Mtn dug roots collected along the VA border with good wrinkles and good golden color 450.00 more or less per lb. depending on the percentages of small or stick roots.
For roots collected along the Ohio River knobs 475.00 more or less per lb. depending on the percentages of small or stick roots.
For other more commercial quality sections in the interior and along the TN border it is hit and miss depending mostly on the percentages of good size and character roots in each lot with most root trading from 425.00-440.00 more or less and a few above average lots selling for more if they look like material from the better sections which can happen at times along north sides and in deep ravens or along step river banks etc......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:southeastren ky prices 12 years 4 months ago #16131

herbuyer where are you located. would you care to give a ph. no.

Re:southeastren ky prices 12 years 4 months ago #16168

did everyone sell?is anyone holding?lets hear the rest of the story!

Re:southeastren ky prices 12 years 4 months ago #16169

Still holding, I will have to have $500. plus. Will hold this years and next years also if necessary. I believe that before the buying season ends in the spring that it will hit above $500. The money would be nice to have in hand but I think the wait will be worth more than intrest on the $440. or so price currently offered.

Re:southeastren ky prices 12 years 4 months ago #16170

I still have several pounds and I'm not selling for less than 600.00. If that means I hold it till next year, or the year after, then so be it!

I know the market's in good shape. If you look on ebay, average root lots are selling for hundreds (for ounces).

Sure the big buyers may be paying less, so the smaller buyers can't afford to buy as much but when an unnamed dealer, on this site, is selling a shit ton of sang for ~ 3000$ per pound on Ebay, then talks about how he doesn't pick through it and can't afford to give higher prices, I think in my head. 1) The dealers really are trying to fuck us and 2) I won't help them making a living off my time in the woods.

my 2c.

Re:southeastren ky prices 12 years 4 months ago #16171

a men brother hold it all dont give them nothing,hold it for 3 years if u have to, dont give it away like the pill heads and poachers,dont line there pockets and believe that crap about the market 650 or keep it

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 306 guests and no members online

Login