2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ginsing price in KY

ginsing price in KY 12 years 6 months ago #13183

Could anyone recommend a fair buyer in western KY. Also, what everyones opionion on the price of sing. Will the price go up as the season goes on?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ginsing price in KY 12 years 6 months ago #13209

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
kygirl I saw on another thread that you where from mcgoffin co-

I deer hunt sometimes in your area I have some nice bucks from a couple farms out in the country their.

I have some good friends out their and some good churches are out that way.

Do you know Lil Johny Reed,Mitchel Reed or Gorden Reed they are brothers and all 3 are preachers. Also a very good friend of mine that lives out that way is Ted Mans a good deer and turkey hunter...

Billy.

Re:ginsing price in KY 12 years 6 months ago #13275

Billy,
I have heard of the Reed brothers, I belive they have a church or did up Grape-Creek... Have heard they are good people, also I know a Ted Manns, not personality.Yes, they are some big deer up here in and around Magoffin....Good-luck hunting.....Also people are seeing alot of Elk.... You must have a permit to kill them only on where they placed them in knott co..... The elk have been seen all over the place....I just don't want to meet one on road....My husband & I went to the elk-look out to try and see some, spend three hours watching.... Decided to leave and turn a curve and there was 8-9 in road.....They are big up close.... I asume you are a genseng hunter,good-luck to ya! Kygirl:

Re:ginsing price in KY 12 years 6 months ago #13289

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
That is right Mithchell the oldest brother pastors up near grape creek,,johnny pastors on top of the hill that white church that sits on the rodad just as you top the hill,I have held meetings for both of them. Gorden is a Evangelist.

Yes I love to deer hunt I have not been to mcgoffin the past two seasons I have been down a little in my back and left knee and also i have been trying to get this big buck up on the mtn not far from me.

Them Elk are monsters up cllose and they are beautiful as well their color is just awsome.I would love to harvest one and I know where many of them are,but can never draw a tag...

Billy.

Re:ginsing price in KY 12 years 6 months ago #13311

Billy wrote:

Them Elk are monsters up cllose and they are beautiful as well their color is just awsome.I would love to harvest one and I know where many of them are,but can never draw a tag...

Billy.

.....All I can say is the 3 I killed out west is the \"funs over when they hit the ground and the works start\".they never die near easy access..

Re:ginsing price in KY 12 years 6 months ago #13545

Billy, What are you paying for ginseng?? Yes, hard to draw a tag, but you just might get lucky, Just wondering whats your clue on prices!!!! I have heard every dealer seems to have a differ price, and was just wondering ----if you had any clue to a possible high.. Kygirl:

Re:ginsing price in KY 12 years 6 months ago #13565

I have been dealing with a buyer named Barry Rousey, who is in this business for 30 years, very honest person and fair. He is from Libery, KY. You may contact him at (606) 787-6591. Hope this helps.

Re:ginsing price in KY 12 years 6 months ago #13595

I hear theres a big flea market in Kentucky and that price is going to be $475. Any truth to that price? Let me know, Please.

Re:ginsing price in KY 12 years 6 months ago #13603

Mtndigger, I don't know about a flea market around where I live, Which part of KY are you in?
I'm trying to check on prices also: Kygirl

Re:ginsing price in KY 12 years 6 months ago #13620

I talked to a buyer sep 21 and he was giving 350 a lbs. He also told me to hang on to what i already had dug becouse he seemed to think the price would go up later on... so we will see.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 405 guests and no members online

Login