2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Good quality Ginseng seeds

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 9 months ago #1305

You are probably right dieselrider because we had some awful warm days in March and a lot of stuff bloomed a little early. I would say without a doubt that is probably what happened. This year i will do it a little different i am going to plant in september that way when the leaves fall i will definitely have mulch on my plots, and i am also going to keep a close eye on it during March and early April. That seems to be the most crucial time of the year for seedlings

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 9 months ago #1351

• tracey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi every one how much are ginseng seeds going for?Also how can i find them?

Tracey

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 9 months ago #1352

Hi Tracey,and welcome.
I doubt you will find any seeds until fall and I have no idea what they will be going for. $50.00- $90.00 per pound would be my guess. There will probably be some advertised on this site but, you can usually find them all over the web as time gets close. Also check with your state DCNR or agriforest people. Someone should have a list of dealers. What state are you in?

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 9 months ago #1418

hi this will be my first time to plant and dig Ginseng.i have a place on the side of a hill, deep in the woods.I plan to hunt Ginseng and take it back to my little hill.on this hill there is a lot of wild Ginseng. is it ok to plant there? I got a ounce of seed from Harding's wild Mountain Herbs, i plan to plant them in a Triple Greenhouse.Good or Bad idea? [img]

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 9 months ago #1423

bowhog try and be a little more specific like on what kind of a hill to plant on. If there is already seng on the hill then sure it will be fine to plant on the hill. Also when did you get the seeds or are you waiting on them to ship them to you. And on the greenhouse i'm not to sure i would just plant them in the hills.

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 9 months ago #1425

Harding's Wild Mountain Herbs. and ye hope to see the seed on 8/1/2009
Attachments:

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1532

Hillbilly you were going to inform us all on how the high priced seed worked out, and is it worth it.

Guy

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1533

well guy i really don't know if the seeds are worth it or not. I checked on the patch on april first only to find all of the mulch had blowed off. Some young seng was up. I guess that was a rookies mistake. We had some unusually warm march days so i say my seng either dryed out or they sprouted early where they had no mulch and the frost killed them. I had about 20 to live. Now on the rootlets that i bought. I bought several three and five year old rootlets off of Larry and they came up no problem they have real pretty tops on them and pretty good size berry clusters. I have talked to other people who bought seed off of Harding's farm and they have had real good germination. Also I talked to several more people who bought seed off of Ozark Mtn ginseng and they said that they have had real good success on germination from them. So this year i ordered seed from Larry and from Ozark. This year i am going to use straw so it won't blow off. I will have to keep you informed Guy on how the seed do this year. Did you buy any seed last year if so how did they do.

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1551

I use my own seed from what Dad collected when he was young. It was not frownd on back then to collect for your own garden. It all came up, maybe 90% plus. After 10 years maybe 50% at best, without any chemicals of any kind, just clearing young trees and whackin down those weeds every fall.

Re:Good quality Ginseng seeds 14 years 7 months ago #1587

You know some times if you plant late or plant and then have cold dry weather, most of the seed won't come up till the second spring. This has happened to me from dry weather. I split the seeds and they were brown and dried out lookin, thought they were dead, then the next spring the rest came up real good. So have a good look and split a few of them seeds. Hope thats it.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 137 guests and no members online

Login