2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9253

K_duce

Thanks for that link. I got to reading about cultivation and Other growers stories and I almost could'nt stop reading. Thats some great reading material.

I would have thought that since this book on ginseng was written so long ago, it would not be interesting. I was Wrong! Some very intersting things. I thought that they would not know so much about soil conditions and disease way back then.

I look forward to reading the rest. Hopefully I can print it off and read it while I'm in my favorite chair.

Thanks,
classicfur

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9270

Well I checked one of my ginseng beds and this is what I found. One seed starting to sprout. Pretty early for these parts. I was glad to see the beginning of what is to come for this bed. This is he seed I was concerned about not germinating. Here is the pic I took after work today 4/8/11 at 5:15 PM.
Attachments:

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9276

Still too early for these Northern parts of the country. This is what it looked like yesterday. Not too bad since we got hit with a foot of snow just a week ago on April 1. My youngest boy dressed like it's warm out!
Attachments:

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9277

I could'nt wait to take a peek, just like Latt. So I pulled some mulch back, and found seven out of seven seeds that were just starting to poke the little root out. None of the seeds I planted had the root sticking out.

Our weather is going to get up in the 60's this week. So the snow should be gone. Perhaps I will see some plants emerging before the end of April after all. Plants started emerging in April two years ago. I Hope!
Attachments:

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9279

I went back to my beds yesterday so I could snap a photo. Here is what mine looked like. The one thing I did notice is that the early risers I have all sprouted in areas where the leaf covering was thinnest. I gently brushed back some leaves next to some plants and saw that there were more coming up, but they just haven't been able to poke their way through yet.
Attachments:

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9280

It is amazing to see such a variety of climates on this post. In 2000 about this same timeframe, i was working at Ft,Detrick in Maryland i had to travel down to Ft,Polk La, Instead of flying i decided to drive it was snowing in Maryland when i left and i was able to travel down the Shanedoah? valley then across tennessee into mississippi and over to La. It was like traveling thru time and seeing all 4 seasons in about 2 days. I went from seeing snow to seeing crop dusting planes.

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9281

I would have liked to checked on mine this weekend, however had to stay home a get behind the saw to clean up the downed treetops that Monday's weather brought down here. One of our big pines near the greenhouse lost its \"head\", and another was damaged.

I'm wishing that I could have gone up to check, after reading all about everyone's progress.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 774 guests and no members online

Login