2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Three prongs are up and coming!

Re:Three prongs are up and coming! 13 years 1 month ago #9160

Latt

I was looking at the weather radar and looked like Ohio is getting some snow. Our forcast for friday is 70% chance of snow. I hope is goes south of us like the last storm did.

I hope that you did'nt have any seng up yet.

classicfur

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Three prongs are up and coming! 13 years 1 month ago #9162

Classicfur,

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm so ready for Spring it's unreal. I took another stroll through the woods yesterday, and it's starting to come to life. Last week it was pretty much dead, but yesterday I saw grass coming up, clover coming up, mayapple popping up, and ferns getting green. Everything seemed to be getting busy except the one thing I want to see!

Re:Three prongs are up and coming! 13 years 1 month ago #9164

Jacquo

Sounds like your closer to spring than I am. There is nothing growing in our woods yet.

I do have some Tiger Lily's starting to poke out of the ground next to the house.

I think that over the next two weeks I will start seeing some green growing in the woods. But still 3-5 weeks yet before I will have seng starting to come up.

Winters seem to get longer as I get older.

classicfur

Re:Three prongs are up and coming! 13 years 1 month ago #9165

Classicfur,

I was thinking the exact same thing when your said the older you get the longer the Winter lasts. This morning, I emailed my uncle that stays in Florida over the Winter and jokingly told him don't come back until Memorial Day. That way he's guarenteed warm weather. I'm beginning to think anything before that is a crap shoot.

Re:Three prongs are up and coming! 13 years 1 month ago #9166

None of my sang is up yet. We did get a half inch of snow today. Should melt by tomorrow as it is supposed to get into the high 40's tomorrow.
Latt

Re:Three prongs are up and coming! 13 years 1 month ago #9171

Latt

That's good that you did'nt get much snow.

They are forcasting 8-14\" of Wet Heavy snow on friday for us. But possibly turning to rain.

I hope this is just an April Fools joke. But I'm afraid it's not.

The good thing is that I don't have any seng up yet.

We usually don't get any snow after March. It's supposed to be in the 40's each day after the snow storm. So it will be melting.

Hang in there, spring is coming!

classicfur

Re:Three prongs are up and coming! 13 years 1 month ago #9172

8-14\" of snow??!! I would lose my mind if we got that kind of accumulation on April 1. If you're ready to move, let everyone know. I'll be glad to chip in on some gas for you.

Re:Three prongs are up and coming! 13 years 1 month ago #9173

I have basically 3 months of winter, 3 months of spring, 3 months of summer, 3 months of fall.

I think up there in Main - Classicfur has 6 months of winter, 3 months of spring, 3 months of fall (and no summer) :-)

If he can just get out of that 6 months of winter stage - he will be OK.

TNhunter

Re:Three prongs are up and coming! 13 years 1 month ago #9174

TNhunter

You are almost right. Actually we have one day of summer, and that one day is around July 4.

But while the rest of the states are having weather in the Hot Humid 80's and 90's, Up here we are having pleasant weather in the upper 70's. From May through Oct, it's beautiful in Maine.

You have to be one tough critter to survive winter in Maine.

You know that saying: \"Absence makes the heart grow fonder\". The long winters makes us appreciate the other six months, just that much more.

I used to live in Santa Barbara California, and it was completly different. It never got below 58 degrees and never got hotter than upper 70's. I lived in that kind of weather for 30 yrs. I had never seen it snow before. Now I see too much snow.

I could trade my winters for yours, but you can keep your summers. They are too hot for me.

classicfur

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 458 guests and no members online

Login