2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Site suitability?

Re:Site suitability? 13 years 1 month ago #9158

koolrayz

Scoring somewhere in the 40's in good. I think you will do well on your land, but you need to pick the best spots possible.

The best Slug and Snail bait is Deadline Mini pellets. This stuff will withstand up to 6\" of rain without falling apart. You can find small pkgs of this at Lowes and other hardware stores. I buy mine in a large bag from:

rosecare1.stores.yahoo.net/deadlinemps1.html

And for mice and moles I use JT Eaton Bait Blocks with Peanut Butter. You can chop the blocks into smaller pieces. Other brands probably work just as well.

When you rake back the leaves to plant seeds/rootlets, keep aye out for small holes where these little critters crawl in and out. If you see a hole, shove a small piece of bait block in each hole. Then during the rest of the year, if see signs of them, take a 16\" section of 2\" black pvc pipe and put a piece of bait block in that. Cover it lightly with leaves. When the bait is gone, add some more.

Good choice to get the soil tested. Then you will know if Calcium is needed and how much to apply. Also to know your soil PH.

Sounds like your keeping busy with getting ready to plant.

Good Luck!

classicfur

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Site suitability? 13 years 1 month ago #9167

I got about three inches of snow this afternoon. My seed and root should be here tomorow I better wait a couple days for it to dry up?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

Who's Online

We have 649 guests and no members online

Login