2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dug One Of My Seedlings To Inspect

Re:Dug One Of My Seedlings To Inspect 8 years 5 months ago #37682

Thanks Whitjr, this plant is full of surprises and it is becoming more aware to me why there is no scientific yes's and no's as to what will happen in any given scenerio. I roll with the school of thought that it is such a survivor it has plenty of tricks up it's sleeve and it is all about adaptation. It does what it must to survive humans and nature. It is not at all black and white. There is a lot of grey area. Praise the Lord! I am so glad that it is smarter than us or it would be extinct by now with man's greed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Dug One Of My Seedlings To Inspect 8 years 5 months ago #37684

I dug some seedlings to inspect growth and found this guy. I planted my seeds in a row and noticed 2 three leafed tops poppin' out of one hole. My first thought was I must have put 2 seeds here... I was wrong. It appears to have split somehow. It only made one bud for the next year and both the bud and root were quite a bit bigger than other 3 leafers I dug.Really I just thought it was kind of neat. I have staked the plant and will anticipate the tops return...if I didn't shock it to death. Oh, I know the pictures are not very good. It was taken from a cheap cell phone.
Attachments:

Re:Dug One Of My Seedlings To Inspect 8 years 5 months ago #37685

Attachments:

Re:Dug One Of My Seedlings To Inspect 8 years 5 months ago #37693

ezissin wrote:

Wow. Thanks for sharing them pictures. That is amazing. Kind of makes sense that a plant could make two buds and form two tops, but to make two tops looking so healthy and \"normal\" as that one did from seed is just amazing. I am glad you marked it. I would keep track of it for it's lifespan and plant seeds from it (keeping track of them) to see if any of them do the same thing. Especially if it made a healthier root and bud for year two than the others. Please keep us updated.

Jim

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Who's Online

We have 377 guests and no members online

Login