2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looks like this guy knows how to grow seng

Re:Looks like this guy knows how to grow seng 9 years 1 month ago #34537

50 acres? Is that even possible? What would something like that be worth? That's beyond me on how long that would take to cultivate. Managing fungus in the warm months would be a nightmare. Serious work right there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Looks like this guy knows how to grow seng 9 years 1 month ago #34539

garethNjessica wrote:

50 acres? Is that even possible? What would something like that be worth? That's beyond me on how long that would take to cultivate. Managing fungus in the warm months would be a nightmare. Serious work right there.

I think Larry Harding has 80 or 100 acres growing like that. it sure would be a lot of work.

Re:Looks like this guy knows how to grow seng 9 years 1 month ago #34540

Lenno,
Yep, 70 acres I believe. Been there and seen it. It is amazing. Hi-Tech Surveillance cameras everywhere. He has had many poachers sent to jail. I do not think Larry has any fences though. Not sure how many acres the other fella in PA has though. I still have not heard back from him.
Latt
Latt

Re:Looks like this guy knows how to grow seng 9 years 1 month ago #34542

Any grower that is growing ginseng on any large scale is on some form of spray for fungus and disease. I have spoke to Larry a few times on the phone super great guy has a lot of knowledge and business savvy. I won't comment on our conversation but if your growing close together and in ( acres ) you should spray or take a super huge chance in loss of root. There are some organic options out there pricey but what isn't these days.

40k per acre is not out of the question in profit if all goes right

Happy growing

Re:Looks like this guy knows how to grow seng 9 years 1 month ago #34558

Large scale grower makes large scale $$$, and can afford armed guards. Hmm...

Re:Looks like this guy knows how to grow seng 9 years 2 weeks ago #34667

I know one of the guards. He says they will let the poachers get on to the property and into the patch, and even go as far as to let them dig it up before they stop,and arrest them while confiscating the roots. That way they don't have to pay anybody to harvest it.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Who's Online

We have 594 guests and no members online

Login