2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Planting on my lot

Re:Planting on my lot 14 years 3 months ago #3213

Yardgrower
Nice Pic's I am doing some planting on the other side of the state and in WV. I would like to hear how they do come spring? Sounds like you have a good start!
Kelly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Planting on my lot 14 years 3 months ago #3214

Yardgrower, As many plants and seeds that you got in the ground I am sure you will see some nice results. The forum does slow in the winter but alot of true sengers here stay in touch. Be glad to hear any past seng stories that you can tell. I don't plant any bought plants or seed just drop the seed off the mother wild plants in the ground while digging. The more I think about it the more I think I might buy some seed and plant here on the farm. I have always just like finding the wild stuff deep in the woods.Like digging yellowroot also. Good luck again.

Re:Planting on my lot 14 years 3 months ago #3223

Howdy Y'all
Glad to have recently found WildGrown.com
After planting one pound of seed in the fall of 2006 I was so pleased this year I put in 17 more pounds ! a lot of seed and work. The family is probably getting tired of hearing about it, but I am living with ANTICIPATION !

I will try to attach some shots of a couple roots I dug of the 2006 roots, and some of the plants in the plot.
Attachments:

Re:Planting on my lot 14 years 3 months ago #3224

And the garden in the woods
Attachments:

Re:Planting on my lot 14 years 3 months ago #3225

I did replant these samples I dug
Attachments:

Re:Planting on my lot 14 years 3 months ago #3226

I know I have to thin and replant
Attachments:

Re:Planting on my lot 14 years 3 months ago #3227

My Avatar pic is of the only seed saved by the fallen tree D__ deer cleared seed and leaves off before I got to them
Attachments:

Re:Planting on my lot 14 years 3 months ago #3228

Jimseng, welcome to the forum, great pictures. What state are you in? Your Seng patch looks great. Looks like you planted in rows. Did you just rake back the leafs and broadcast in rows or did you dig shallow trenches or one of the dozen other methods? 17 more pounds, wow that sounds like a lot of work. Are you close to your patch, where you can check on it. With that much growing you will need to worry about poachers. Have you had any disease problems with your current patch? I hope you will post more Pics this spring, when all that starts to come up.

Re:Planting on my lot 14 years 3 months ago #3229

Howdy Y'all
I am in Carroll County in the SE part of Ohio. The locals (1250 pop)
tell me of all the seng that once was on me and surrounding area. I also heard all of their poor practices of raping the land! They also know of my four Rottweilers and Veteran background. I am self employed and around my place quit frequently. My first planting, I can see from my front porch!
This year the Ohio Dept.of Natural Resources rolled out the books of buyers in our area. I am told they had problems ! Now they are being held to requiring the diggers to have documentation of land owners permitting them to dig and harvest roots. Most of them cannot get this. I am in hopes that if the diggers can't sell any roots, they may find something else to do !
My first 2006 planting I raked back the leaves and used a hoe to scape small furrows and kind of just threw the seed in the furrows.Mostly they are bunched too close and I hope to thin and spread them out.Or maybe sell some rootlets for transplanting. The planting this year I used a small garden planter to try and get a 6\" X6\" spacing 1/2\" deep then leaf mulched and did many plots about 5 rows wide and 50' to 200' long.Patches or rows I don't see a difference ! I am not using any fertilizers or adjusting the soil any way. I can't wait to see & get some pics of the new planting next spring. Half of these I can still see from the porch!

Attachments:

Re:Planting on my lot 14 years 2 months ago #3268

jimseng wrote:

And the garden in the woods

What is that stuff growing in the foreground, that's sorta umbrella-shaped, do you know? I have that growing in the area where I am going to plant my ginseng.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 609 guests and no members online

Login