2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seeing what growing ginseng looks like in the Wintertime

Re:Seeing what growing ginseng looks like in the Wintertime 10 years 1 month ago #27377

Thanks I've been here a while. I figure the best way to learn is keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. Kind of the same way I trap and hunt.

Hunter I'm in New York State where we have snow so often I don't give it much thought. It's the pattern of melting that Interests me. It'll help point out those subtle northeast facing ridges built into the north slope. I agree about old skid roads, some of my better native plants are on or right next to them.
We're getting another foot of white stuff this week It'll be a while before I can use this advice. Long winter
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seeing what growing ginseng looks like in the Wintertime 10 years 1 month ago #27378

Nice pics Hugh. I'm brand new to the forum although I've been following all of you guys as a guest for awhile and gleaning information. Finally decided to sign up as a member. I've spent the last 8 years watching the wild ginseng on my property and remembering the good ole days of digging with my grandfather and learning the mountains. I finally took the plunge and planted my first rootlings and seeds last fall. I look forward to discussing my small successes and failures with all of you seasoned veterans in the upcoming years. Awesome forum that I'm glad to be a part of now and thanks to everyone here for freely sharing your wealth of knowledge.

For what it's worth...I was extremely nervous about Appy outlaws when I saw the trailer (especially after planting my first wildgrown plot). Since I've seen a couple of episodes and spoken with people in my area, I don't think it's gonna last too long!

Re:Seeing what growing ginseng looks like in the Wintertime 10 years 1 month ago #27379

Welcome to the forum, VaGrower!

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Who's Online

We have 535 guests and no members online

Login