2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago.

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21998

If you were in the Eastern US, I would say you have some horse chestnut saplings. Lord knows what similar looking species you have down there! PLEASE POST THE PICS! I've been lurking for a while now and this made me start posting!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #22000

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
No one will ever post a 6 foot ginseng plant period sory

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #22003

Do you know what species of ginseng you planted?

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #22004

ok i am posting some pictures now,but they are from my cellphone,not mega pixel.if the pictures are not really clear,i will re-post new photos from a digital camera,when i borrow one.

all comments are welcome.though i truly prefer the comments of long time experienced ginseng buyers and sellers.
Attachments:

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #22005

Clyde,
I can't take any credit for being a long time buyer or seller, but I've been around ginseng a little and that sure does not look like Ginseng Quinquefolius. It also looks like what ever you are photographing is standing in water. That's a sure sign that it's not ginseng. If you are completely sincere and it is just a mistake of what you have, it is understandable. You have provided some entertainment at a slow time of the year.
Hugh

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #22006

Clyde...

Sorry but (as expected)... that is not (Panax Ginseng) Oriental or Asian Ginseng... Or (Panax quinquefolius) American Ginseng.

Not real sure what that is...

Not a bad looking plant though. No idea if it is worth anything though.

But still it looks absolutely nothing like eithher Asian or American Ginseng.

Let us know if you find out what it is.

TNhunter

30' Ginseng !!! 11 years 2 months ago #22007

Hey Guys...

I did kill a nice Turkey once underneath a forrest of 30' Ginseng plants :-)

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:30' Ginseng !!! 11 years 2 months ago #22008

Clyde- while I found your post stimulating... the photo you posted... I'll agree with the others here that this is not 'sang at all.

In the interests of fairness, I did research the medicinal plants of the Philipines. there are over 1000 listed, however our favorite plant is not on that listing.

You say that you planted from wild stock. where did you get your wild stock? From here in USA?

You photo looks like the Phillipine native plant Santan... from the google image searcgh I did.

TNHunter... Love the joke!

Re:30' Ginseng !!! 11 years 2 months ago #22009

TnHunter, there is no way that i will ever ever evver believe that picture is real. No way no how. That is a FAKE Turkey. :lol:

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #22010

Real turkey... definately a fake picture... my cut and paste is quite obvious.

There is some software out there that you can do that nicely with - I just don't have it.

You know if there were 6' tall ginseng plants... we would probably walk right by them and not notice them.

We are looking for something much smaller.

I have nearly passed up nice tall 3 and 4 prongs before because I am not looking for something that size.

Many years ago.. back in the early 80's... the tallest plant I can ever remember digging.

I found a nice patch of 3 and 4 prongs - some nice ones.

And as I started to dig one of the 4 prongs I went to break a bush out of the way that was towering over it.. and then I realized it was actually a monster 4 prong. The stem on that plant would not fit thru the button hole on my shirt. It was a nice one.

TNhunter

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 168 guests and no members online

Login