2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: 'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear?

'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear? 11 years 4 months ago #21458

Guys-

Below are links to a 'Sang Expo near Ashville. The flyer is pretty self explanitory. I'm planning on coming, with a my partner and our buddy.

Amongst the speakers are Dr Scott Persons, Dr. Jeanine Davis, and Dr. Bob Beyfuss. Wow!

I guess with that all-star line-up, I'm likely to get educated.....

In case the link doesen't work, here's a cut-and-paste version.

International American Ginseng Expo
in Western North Carolina

American ginseng has been a major export crop for nearly two hundred and fifty years and North Carolina Ginseng is a state and national treasure.

December 7th & 8th 2012
NCNPA invites you to the International American Ginseng Expo in Western North Carolina. This is a great opportunity to learn how to promote your ginseng overseas, meet wild forest ginseng experts and to network with state officials, harvesters, buyers, sellers, and dealers.

Limited vending space for Sponsors.

Location: Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center
455 Research Drive, Mills River, NC 28732
Time: December 7th 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM; December 8th 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Cost for both days: $125 through December 5th.
Both days registration at the door: $140
One day registration: $65 through December 5th.
One day registration at the door: $75
To Register Online: Visit www.ncnaturalproducts.org/tickets-ginseng

To Register by Mail: Please make checks out to NCNPA and mail to
c/o Robert Eidus, Treasurer, 300 Indigo Bunting Lane, Marshall, NC, 28753

For more information on the event, including the program and how to become a sponsor,
visit our website: www.ncnaturalproducts.org
We will be hosting recognized experts in the ginseng field. Program highlights include presentations on the current status of wild and wild-simulated ginseng, industry rules and regulations, parameters of ginseng quality, ginseng production and poaching issues, marketing, a ginseng root auction, plus opportunity for value-added products. Expand your knowledge and networking presence in this exciting industry. You won’t want to miss it!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear? 11 years 4 months ago #21463

I seen that a month or so back. I have already made plans to be there. It's too close for me not to go.

Hillhopper

Re:'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear? 11 years 4 months ago #21467

We'll have to meet at some point during the seminar!

Re:'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear? 11 years 4 months ago #21483

Agreed

Hillhopper

Re:'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear? 11 years 4 months ago #21552

Does anyone know if there will be a guided hike as part of the program? I went to a similar event in Virginia last year, and that was by far the most useful part. In that hike Bob Beyfuss and Scott Persons evaluated potential sites, identified companion plants, etc...

Re:'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear? 11 years 4 months ago #21647

Hey all!

I have been a silent member on this site for awhile and this is my first post. I think this website and forum is amazing - reading all of the information sharing is so valuable. I am learning a lot.

I am a new comer into this area, being truly introduced to Appalachia and ginseng and other woodland botanicals through working for Dr. Jeanine Davis for the past 2 years in NC. To sum it up - I want to cultivate more medicinal herbs like ginseng, black cohosh, partridge berry,star grub root and other plants that could get more and more hard to find. I want to work with people wanting to cultivate these plants too. We, as a community working with these plants, need to make sure we can keep selling them, buying them, walking in the woods with them, ingesting them,teaching our children about them, and loving them.

So how do we do that?? How do we make sure that plants are still growing in the wild and also make sure that people in our region can keep buying and selling these plants?

I hope this is discussed at the Ginseng Expo. I hope many of the members on this forum come to Ginseng Expo. I think the opportunity to EXCHANGE information is crucial - not just listen to people speak, but also discuss, share, challenge, agree, disagree, etc...

Vafiddler - I don't think that there is a hike planned, and I know the schedule is tight, but I think that would be a great idea. Unfortunately much has died back, but even just a walk in the woods could be a nice break from the seminars...I will check with Jeanine about the possibility of this and report back.

This turned out to be a longer post than I thought, but thanks for having a forum like this.

Enjoy the leftovers!

Re:'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear? 11 years 4 months ago #21648

Welcome to the forum MayPOP.

I appreciate your thought that you posted. Where are you in NC?

I'd enjoy meeting you at this expo...

Re:'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear? 11 years 4 months ago #21649

Welcome to the forum maypop. Because of other commitments I wont be able to attend this ginseng expo, but would love to hear the exchange of info that is sure to take place. With all the experienced speakers that are lined up and input from wild-sim growers that are sure to be there I cant imagine that it will be anything less than fantastic...

Re:'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear? 11 years 4 months ago #21651

Thanks Maypop for the extra info, I'm going to try to make it down for the expo. Hope we'll see more posts from you in the future!

Re:'Sang Expo next month here in NC. Y'all come now, hear? 11 years 4 months ago #21656

Thanks for the welcome everyone. For those of you who can't come to the Expo, I would be happy to update you on everything that's discussed. Hopefully this can be the first of many Ginseng Expos.

Whitjr - I am in Asheville in NC and will be at the expo. Would love to connect at the expo.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 287 guests and no members online

Login