2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: seed producing area

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18534

This one looks promising - should have a nice wad of berries, if they ever just come on out.

It is a little odd how many are developing at the top of the spike, before the lower ones do.

It is a big stout plant. Hopefully it will see those flowers thru to red berries.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18535

Then I have a few others where most of them are filled out pretty good.

Like the one below.

None showing red yet.

It is HOT again here today, but at least it is not dry.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18561

Looking good TN, Hope you harvest every berry this fall. Looks like they may ripen over a spread out period of time. That isn't uncommon at all for wild plants. Last fall it took about 5 weeks from the first ripe berry to the last one on the wild plants in the area I've dedicated to seed production. Those plants were all native to the area, I had not tranplanted other plants there until last fall.

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18574

those are really good photos. I'm looking forward to next year when I may have some that look like that! Congrats, guys!

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18592

5 and TN, Good looking plants. Loooks like you should both have some berries to pick soon:)

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18899

TN and 5prong,
How's your seed producing coming along ? I'm starting to get quite a few ripe berries off my caged plants now.I've picked over 100 now and probably have about 600 to go if nothing don't happen to them. I'm like a proud parent. My caged area is really working out.

rootman

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18902

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats rootman well done.

rootman wrote:

TN and 5prong,
How's your seed producing coming along ? I'm starting to get quite a few ripe berries off my caged plants now.I've picked over 100 now and probably have about 600 to go if nothing don't happen to them. I'm like a proud parent. My caged area is really working out.

rootman

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18905

rootman,

Do you have photos posted of your caged plants? I'm trying to get ideas, and this post really got me excited.

Shawn

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18906

shawnlam wrote:

rootman,

Do you have photos posted of your caged plants? I'm trying to get ideas, and this post really got me excited.

Shawn

Shawn,
Go to 2nd page growing ginseng somewhere around 1212/6/15 posted as ginseng pictures.

rotman

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18907

Rootman - my seed producers aren't doing nearly as well as what I was hoping for. The deer and the early drought really did a number on them this year. I went out this morning and was happy to see that a few berries were finally starting to ripen.

Last year I harvested and planted around 100 berries from about a dozen wild plants that were already in the area. From those same dozen plants I'll be lucky to get 3 or 4 berries this year. Luckily some of the older plant that I transplanted to the area last fall are fairing a little better.

the first pic is of one of several plants in the area with a barren berry pod. The rest of the pics are of. some plants that are doing better.
Attachments:

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Who's Online

We have 452 guests and no members online

Login