2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pulled seed and planted today

Pulled seed and planted today 11 years 11 months ago #17183

I (finally) had a chance to dig my seed out of the stratification bed today. Planted most of it, as much of it was starting to sprout. Taking the rest to work tomorrow to give to another grower who I said I would give him some seed. Sure hope he is ready to plant tomorrow evening! B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Pulled seed and planted today 11 years 11 months ago #17186

What part of the country are you in?

Re:Pulled seed and planted today 11 years 11 months ago #17189

North Central KY. Later than planned, but my other plants are only starting to come up through the mulch. Hopefully, not too late!

Re:Pulled seed and planted today 11 years 11 months ago #17190

Be interested to know how your late planting works out. I took Hardings up on their 5 pound special, seeds are definitely showing roots, had to rally to get it all planted last weekend.

I'm seeing last fall's seed planting plus existing roots just starting to come up. Bit of a madhouse down here right now (SW of Lexington) with the results of monday night's game...

Re:Pulled seed and planted today 11 years 11 months ago #17193

Wow, 5# in one weekend is a lot of work!! I found a four pronger up this evening, but not seeing much else. Hopefully, the late planting will work out okay. I think it should be okay as long as the moisture continues.

Keep us posted on your late planting, as well!

Re:Pulled seed and planted today 11 years 11 months ago #17258

Finally seeing a few sprouts coming up from the seed I planted this spring out of my stratification bed.
Attachments:

Re:Pulled seed and planted today 11 years 11 months ago #17259

Other older plants are still popping up, too.
Attachments:

Re:Pulled seed and planted today 11 years 11 months ago #17260

And, yet, right in the same beds/area, other plant have been up for nearly two weeks, now. These older plants are all from the same seed source - now 6 years old from planting time, I believe (will have to check my records). Notice the iron phosphate pellets to reduce the slug populations.
Attachments:

Re:Pulled seed and planted today 11 years 11 months ago #17264

thats one healthy seed head

guy

Re:Pulled seed and planted today 11 years 11 months ago #17269

That late planting I did is coming up. Not every plot, but the majority of them, and there is still time for the rest to come up. That was a lot of heavy raking... there has to be an easier way to do this.

So that was a gamble that paid off. No problem with green seed this year, those seeds I got late were all showing roots.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 490 guests and no members online

Login