2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rootlets Planted Today

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 12 years 1 month ago #16987

WhitJR,

You had a pretty cold morning at your house. If your fruit trees were in full bloom, you're going to have a lot of damage. It got down to 26 at my house this morning and that could be lethal to young opened fruit buds or emerging ginseng. I checked my trees after it warmed up and I don't think we had much damage because they were not far enough along.
I also have some patches of ground that seems to have lost all of it's leaf cover to wind or rain or something scratching around in it. I raked up several containers of leaves on up in the morning and covered these spots. I could understand this on hilly ground, but some was completely level.
Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 12 years 1 month ago #16992

That does look like some potent soil there Latt! I take it that is in the area we spoke about earlier last year?

Hillhopper

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 12 years 1 month ago #16994

Hugh,
From what I seen in my beds yesterday evening, I think the seng was safe from last night's freeze. I checked an older 1/10th acre area facing east/south east and the root bud was barely beginning to push out and up from the root. After I seen that in an area where its been getting a lot of light without the tree cover, I felt everything else was ok. Those beds are always the first to push up in my plantings.

Hillhopper

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 12 years 4 weeks ago #17103

Yea Hillhopper this is the spot.
Latt

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Who's Online

We have 388 guests and no members online

Login