2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: \"Growing Ginseng\" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio

Re:\"Growing Ginseng\" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio 12 years 4 months ago #15226

Hello, I am new to all to all of this. So Ill be their. the only question i have is do I need to pre-regester or just show up??? The timing couldnt have been better for me i was just talking about starting to farm some of the family land again. I have 8 acres of woods that has some wild ginseng here and there all around it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:\"Growing Ginseng\" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio 12 years 4 months ago #15227

HornerDees,
Just show up. No registration needed.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:\"Growing Ginseng\" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio 12 years 4 months ago #15401

Hey guys, how about a report on how it went?

Re:\"Growing Ginseng\" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio 12 years 4 months ago #15402

OK I will let you know afterwords.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:\"Growing Ginseng\" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio 12 years 4 months ago #15410

Come hear about \"Growing Ginseng\" on Saturday Nov 12th at 2:00 PM at Woodbury Outfitters in Coshocton Ohio. The address is 793 South Second Street Coshocton Ohio 43812. Their phone number is 740-623-2227.

The guest speaker is Larry Harding. As many of you know Larry is one of the largest ginseng farmers in North America. He will be conducting this seminar to help answer questions pertaining to growing ginseng and whatever else arises pertaining to ginseng.

Thanks,
Latt

Re:\"Growing Ginseng\" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio 12 years 4 months ago #15529

Whitjr,
The ginseng seminar went very well. There were over 35 people that showed up. Larry did a great job and I think a lot of people really enjoyed it. Larry had a lot of pictures and answered a lot of questions.
Latt

Re:\"Growing Ginseng\" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio 12 years 4 months ago #15530

I hate I missed it but I just couldn't get up that way this weekend. Did you here anything new or just the basics?

Hillhopper

Re:\"Growing Ginseng\" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio 12 years 4 months ago #15533

Hillhopper,
Mostly the basics from A to Z on growing ginseng. But it was good to see how it is done on a large scale.
Latt

Re:"Growing Ginseng" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio 12 years 4 months ago #15536

I found it very informative. As Latt mentioned, A-Z but seeing how its done on a MAJOR scale. 60 pounds to the acre........nuff said there.

Larry was very personable and answered any questions that we had. There were a few times when he didnt know the answer and didnt have any trouble telling us that he didnt know, no bullpucky.

I thought the fact that he used straw as mulch was interesting, and from what i gathered, if one was to have an operation of similar size as Larrys, the use of herbicides, fungicides and insecticides are inevitable. He mentioned using lime on his ground vs gypsum, apparently his soil allows that.

Glad i went. Great seminar. Bout 3 hrs wasnt it Latt? I couldnt stick around to shoot the bull, had to split. What row were you in?

Re:\"Growing Ginseng\" Nov 12th held by Larry Harding in Coshocton Ohio 12 years 4 months ago #15537

Yep it was about 3 hours. I was in the back row in a red OSU sweat shirt. I am glad I went too.
Latt

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 99 guests and no members online

Login