2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wild Grown Value?

Re:Wild Grown Value? 14 years 6 months ago #2064

• dirtslinger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Im new to this just starting out.It's nice to see people on here from southern indiana.I live in salem.Does anyone know of a ginseng growers assoc. in indiana? thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wild Grown Value? 14 years 6 months ago #2078

Hey, you're right up the road from me. I live in Floyds Knobs and my hunting buddy lives in Pekin.
I don't know of a growers association in Indiana but it might be fun to start something like that.
Do a lot of hunting in Washington, Harrison, Floyd, and Perry counties. The wild Ginseng in Southern Indiana is great.

Re:Wild Grown Value? 14 years 6 months ago #2092

i do some fishing over on the white river there at Washington, Hazelton

Re:Wild Grown Value? 14 years 6 months ago #2100

• dirtslinger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
DO any of you guys around washington co. grow ginseng? Going to get ready to plant some seed and rootlets here next week for the first time.Im always scared that i might not do something right.

Re:Wild Grown Value? 14 years 6 months ago #2106

dirtslinger to me ginseng is one of the easier plants to grow as long as you don't plant thick and then u have to deal with diseases. Just follow the instructions on this webpage and if your ground is suitable for seng you shouldn't have any problems, just remember don't plant to thick space them at least six inches apart. You really need to buy the book Growing and Marketing Ginseng and other medicinal plants by Scott Persons. You can find it on amazon, Harding's, and Ozark MTn webpages. It is really helpful to any ginseng grower.

Re:Wild Grown Value? 14 years 6 months ago #2107

• dirtslinger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks hillbilly,I already have the book.Can't wait until spring to see what happens.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Who's Online

We have 751 guests and no members online

Login