2024 Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Currently shipping until sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income

Re:Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income 13 years 3 months ago #10655

Maybe that goldenseal is the way to go. I like the fact that it is less finicky; that should make it a bit easier.

I've been gathering my water plants from natural sources here in the south. I've concentrated on winter-hearty native plants, and have 8 different varieties growing back there. I guess that I need some more colorful water lillies. I have only the native white lilly growing, however have many many of them. I'll post photos of them later today once I'm home.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income 13 years 3 months ago #10670

Great thread guys...

Keep it comming.I was thinking this also on goldenseal,but I always read that you can hardly start it from seed.I haven't found any wild yet to start my own beds..

Re:Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income 13 years 3 months ago #10671

I didn't get to the photos last night, as we have boith granddaughters here for a visit. I got kinda busy with them... will try to get the photos posted here tonight.

Anyway, there are several stores in my area that sell to the avid home pond/garden market, and I intend to sell during the warm months to these folks. I know that they are receptive.... as have talked to these store owners.

How about the marketing of goldenseal? I'm thinking that there must be a \"PaulHzu\" like sorta guy that will purchase the produced roots, somewhere. Anybody know about where to market it?

Re:Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income 13 years 3 months ago #10672

Many ginseng buyers will buy and sell goldenseal and many other valuable roots.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income 13 years 3 months ago #10686

Here's the photo I promised. This first one is the greenhouse. Well actually that's my dog Klaus looking out from the inside.
Attachments:

Re:Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income 13 years 3 months ago #10687

This second one is The water lilly pond, last year. This year , the lillies have covered the pond entirely.
Attachments:

Re:Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income 13 years 3 months ago #10688

All the ponds I've dug are approx 1,100 gals in size. That's me standing on a newly completed pond, that I'm just abput to fill with it's first water. It takes several hours to fill one of these from the hose!

Those are plants called Sagwort, which put out a nice yellow blossom. They have bene collected from the wild around here.
Attachments:

Re:Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income 13 years 3 months ago #10689

This next one is the water hyacinth pond. Again, it's an 1100 gal pond, just doesn't look like it in the picture.
Attachments:

Re:Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income 13 years 3 months ago #10690

these are Frogbit plants. Like minature water lillies, only with different flowers and characteristics . I collected what you see last year, and have propagated this small bunch into 1/3 of a pond now.
Attachments:

Re:Growing Goldenseal For Extra Income 13 years 3 months ago #10691

And last, for your viewing pleasure.. [LOL] perched on the Cattails, a dragonfly nymph emerging from the water, and doing it's best to become a dragonfly. I was outside and just happened to catch this as it happened...
Attachments:

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 206 guests and no members online

Login