2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about ginseng's medical effects.
You can also post your experience for others to read
  • Page:

TOPIC: Power Lunch

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27550

Nice looking garden cart there, rpdgrump!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27563

Agreed, nice looking plant tops bud. I know Tn likes his root tea and so do I. But I really enjoy the tea made from plant tops too. I dry them and then seep them in hot water with a little honey added and sometimes lemon as well.

I was talking to a fella that owns an Asian Buffet the other night. My gal and I frequent it often. He says he likes to slice the root thinly as well for tea and uses the root a couple of times to make the tea. But I he told me he does not eat the root when he is done with it. I told him I do because I do not want to waste it.
It made him think a little I think.
Latt

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27572

Latt...

I agree with you on not wanting to waste the root. That is probably why I always eat it even though I drank the tea made from it.

When you go out there and hunt wild seng and harvest it... no doubt you have more respect for the roots collected than the average person buying store bought stuff.

I can't get my wife to eat the root but she will drink the tea some now... mostly because she has noticed how often she gets colds and the crud type stuff compared to me. Seeing has become believing :-)

TNhunter

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27574

Thanks for all the ideas on the tea guys, I did make a cup from the tops one evening and didn't sleep a wink. I may have overstuffed my little screen cage with leaves but I'll keep the seng tea for mornings now and Ice tea this summer when I'm working in the woods. If it keeps me from getting colds that's a bonus.

Re:Power Lunch 10 years 1 month ago #27575

Whit
the garden cart just looks like a plain ol Polaris sportsmen when its not decorated up with fresh tops. I figure I want to use every bit of the plant that has any health benefits which seems to be all of it. I may buzz up the dry stems in a coffee grinder so they steep better.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Who's Online

We have 455 guests and no members online

Login