2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: come on spring time

Re:come on spring time 10 years 1 month ago #27580

Stumped LOL, there is so much biodiverisity among morels, I too have found them in unusual locations, since they are fruiting from sclerotia, a tree that has been gone for years maybe responsible since they are symbiotic with tree root systems. Same way with hens, grifola frondosa, long after parent tree has disappeared they may still fruit such as local park thet very 2 years throws out 7-10 fruits in open grass. The oak has been gone years and years yet the root system maintains the myc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:come on spring time 10 years 1 month ago #27581

Morels myc is host tree symbiotic and soil runner. The host tree one is easy to pattern but the soil runner isn't. When it acts as a soil runner you need to hunt barriers and find the mother (culture) myc patch. These mother myc patches are most of the times in areas where water runs off in the forest. Look for tree's that have high calcium leaf drops and runoff area's and you have found the mother. These are the area's I target with great results. Find the mother hunt the barriers

Re:come on spring time 10 years 1 month ago #27591

I actually managed to hit some of my prime winter oyster/velevt foot botoom lands, only to find 6-8 week old fruitings all thawed and rotting of both, one really nice cluster of oysters aborted as the snow and very cold came and stayed. Sure felt good to be out and the lamb's ear bulbs are poking up through the soil in places!

Re:come on spring time 10 years 1 month ago #27597

Sure sounds good to be out in the woods Shroomdawg. I took a long walk in the woods last Sat too. Man was it nice sunny and warm. Back to winter this week tho.
Any predictions on Morels this spring brother? Scale of 1 to 10 what are you thinking??? How about you Trahn007? Come on brothers are ya with me? Can I get an amen. lol
Latt

Re:come on spring time 10 years 1 month ago #27617

Amen Latt, cautiously optimistic is all I can say, we haven't had a winter like this in 20 years but it depends on what happens during fruiting time. I will split the road so as not to be disappointed and go with a 5-6 and then we will see. It is like trying to preict the Kentucky Derby winner now. LOL.

Re:come on spring time 10 years 1 month ago #27627

I'm sure we will not be picking March morels in the North Eastern region this year...LOL. I'm with dawg we have the makings of a banner season but the weather come fruiting time will be a hugh factor.

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Who's Online

We have 523 guests and no members online

Login