2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Oyster mushrooms

Oyster mushrooms 10 years 3 months ago #26868

After a really nice couple of flushes before the snow and ice, we are back in the 50s here in ohio which should trigger another fruiting. The last time out it had dropped below freezing, so no knife was needed for the second day of harvesting earlier in the month...\"snap\" :laugh: :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Oyster mushrooms 10 years 3 months ago #26872

And boy did we find pounds yesterday, though some wading was required, so mushroom season is still alive in Ohio. Also found, huge flushes of large tree ears or Judas ears and many flushes of one of my favorite late season edibles, velvet foot. Happy holidays all.

Re:Oyster mushrooms 10 years 3 months ago #26874

Congrats, I was wondering if you we're going. I am off work for a week. let me know if you get back out. I will go with you if you do not mind me tagging along.
latt

Re:Oyster mushrooms 10 years 3 months ago #26877

As is the norm, the weather changed Latt, we didn't bother going back for frozen ones we left, BRRRRR!

Re:Oyster mushrooms 10 years 2 months ago #26922

Nothing like those thick heavy capped oysters during those winter warm ups. And the best part no black bettles! Congrats

Re:Oyster mushrooms 10 years 2 months ago #26923

Hey Tran good to hear from you. I was just telling Shroomdawg last week that I have a tree that kicks out the winter oysters but the majority of them was 20 foot up the tree.
Did get a few towards the bottom of the trunk about waist high tho.
Anyway welcome back.
Latt

Re:Oyster mushrooms 10 years 2 months ago #26925

Hey Latt good to hear from you as well. Been a busy year, had a good summer mushroom season and fall shroomin was fair. Found some wild sang patches but didn't harvest any. My second year planted sang patch produced some seed this year(I was very pleased with that). Cann't wait for them to come up in the spring again.

Re:Oyster mushrooms 10 years 2 months ago #27116

Good to hear from you again Trahn as well, we used to trade posts on the PA board at another mushroom related site. Glad your summer was as good as ours and with the exception of of lack of agaricus, we had a pretty decent fall and early winter. We are sure paying for it now in Ohio. Best of the best in the New Year, you too Latt!

Re:Oyster mushrooms 10 years 2 months ago #27118

Thanks Shroomdawg. Glad to hear from you trahn007
Latt

Re:Oyster mushrooms 10 years 2 months ago #27177

Looking forward to morel hunting already guys. Been out harvesting some chaga and birch polypores for personal supply. The winter has been harsh but will be good for morels. Happy Hunting!

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 709 guests and no members online

Login