2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hen of the woods, grifola frondosa, season has started in parts of Ohio.

Re:Hen of the woods, grifola frondosa, season has started in parts of Ohio. 10 years 7 months ago #24496

Hobbler,
I started off like most. I was nuts about Morel Mushroom hunting here in Ohio in April and Early May. Such a short season. So I started to broaden my knowledge and now I can hunt mushrooms here in Ohio about 8 to 9 months out of the year. I can ID well over a hundred mushrooms and Shroomdawg probably 2 to 3 times that. I only consume about 15 to 20 edible mushrooms that I am 100 % certain on. There are so many look-a-likes that if I am only 99.9% sure on I will not eat them.

I would love to help you but pics can be so deceiving. I will help you as much as possible on the mushrooms that do not have any deadly look-a-likes. I am sure Shroomdawg would be happy to do the same. Just be careful because some mushrooms can really be dangerous and I am sure you already know that.
Good Luck,
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hen of the woods, grifola frondosa, season has started in parts of Ohio. 10 years 7 months ago #24497

I understand latt if I dint know it I wont even touch it. If. I find something ill take a pic if ur 100% sure ill do it if not ill stay away for sure thxs

Re:Hen of the woods, grifola frondosa, season has started in parts of Ohio. 10 years 7 months ago #24519

I know Hobler that you already know this. I was just kind of speaking to the masses for anyone considering consuming a new mushroom that they are not familiar with.
Latt

Re:Hen of the woods, grifola frondosa, season has started in parts of Ohio. 10 years 7 months ago #24521

Latt wrote:

I know Hobler that you already know this. I was just kind of speaking to the masses for anyone considering consuming a new mushroom that they are not familiar with.
Latt

great advice, I post from work where pics are unavailable, but will try to get in from home and make a forum for each of the species as I encounter them. Thanks Latt.

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Who's Online

We have 347 guests and no members online

Login