2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Off-topic- Anyone growing Aloe?

Re:Off-topic- Anyone growing Aloe? 13 years 3 weeks ago #9069

This the greenhouse we have, where all the veggies are started, and where the Aloe is growing.

It's the 2nd year we've had it, and we are still learning about how to do things... it's been a big experiment all along. I am powering it using an 80 watt solar panel, and wishing I didn;t have to use LP gas for heat. The structure is 12' high, x 16 ' wide x 15' deep; made wih 1/2 recycled materials and 1/2 new stuff. We are on roof 2.0 due to last summer's weather. And this photo was taken immediately after re-roofing it.

My greenhouse is surrounded by ponds, where I grow water lillies, and other pond plants. Oh, yeah, lots of fancy-tailed goldfish.

The garden is nearby as well... we have 7 raised beds where we compete with the bugs for crops.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Off-topic- Anyone growing Aloe? 13 years 3 weeks ago #9077

Whitjr,
Looks great, I may build one soon as well. My wife is tired of my indoor planters, plastic and clay pots and makeshift indoor ginseng planting beds etc laying around one the kitchen table or any surface close to our windows.

Sounds like you have a pretty cool place there too with the ponds and fish etc.
Latt

Re:Off-topic- Anyone growing Aloe? 13 years 3 weeks ago #9116

I found a greenhouse structure that was in poor repair. A buddy and I bought the thing for $250.-. You know, no longer had a roof, no heater in it, a tree had fallen on the back 1/3. We each split the cost/labor to dissassemble/transport to each other's homes/reassemble on each other's property.

My buddy is using his portion for a hay shelter for his horses. You see what I did. These structures cost a WHOLE bunch more that what we paid.

these are expensive things, and there's always things to do them. This is why some folks let their get to a poor state of repair. If you can find one nearby, and offer the owner a bit of money + the free cleanup of what's become an eyesore to him, you may find it worth your while.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Who's Online

We have 169 guests and no members online

Login