2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: a question about poachers

Re:a question about poachers 13 years 6 months ago #5534

I don't want anyone else on my property, so I absolutely respect another landowners decision to say no. If you let someone on your place, the next thing you know they bring a friend. That friend then decided it's OK to go whenever they want, they'll eventually tell someone they know where they went and then that person and their buddy will be on your place. After a while, you'll end up with trash everywhere and torn down fences. I just stop all that before it begins.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:a question about poachers 13 years 6 months ago #5540

Id someone said no and you went anyway? Sorry but it's poaching, trespassing and stealing. I guess if your all right with all of that........ well, nuff' said.

Re:a question about poachers 13 years 6 months ago #5585

Did you think about that ridiculous question before you posted it? I can't tell if you're ignorant, stupid or just an a$$hole. What does the word trespass mean to you? Spend more time reflecting on your lack of morals and less time worrying about people's grammar.

You're obviously not a landowner but try and picture this: you tell someone no, you can't dig on my land, they do it anyways... what would your reaction be?

Fortunately around my way we have a method of dealing with folks like you.

Dick.

Oh wait, that's not a complete sentence is it?

Re:a question about poachers 13 years 6 months ago #5586

Here's an article that might interest you.

Oh, and thieves isn't spelled theives, they taught me that in grade school. But hey who am I to question a well educated, stand-up fella like yourself?

2 Men Found Guilty of Illegal Herb Hunting

2 men found guilty of hunting for ginseng

By CHARLITTA RODRIGUES

Updated 8:31 AM EDT, Thu, Sep 16, 2010

A judge found two men guilty on a long list of charges related to hunting for the herb ginseng.

Gary Lee Farris, 50, of Westernport, Md., and John Darryl Mayhew, 48, of Piedmont, W.Va., were charged by authorities with the Maryland Department of Natural Resources with harvesting ginseng out of season, collecting ginseng without a permit, removing and damaging plants from state lands and using property of state wild lands for commercial gain.

According to Western Maryland Research & Education Center, ginseng is in high demand and has anti-tumor, anti-viral, antioxidant, and metabolic effects. Wild and wild-simulated ginseng can be worth $400-$600.

The Maryland Natural Resources Police said they arrested Farris and Mayhew during a search for a missing hiker in June at Savage River State Forest. Authorities said 65 searchers looked throughout some 6,000 acres on foot and horseback to find 72-year-old James Lewis Alt from Piedmont, W.Va.

Authorities said Alt, Farris and Mayhew were hunting for ginseng while the season was closed. Alt was charged with harvesting ginseng out of season, collecting ginseng without a permit, removing, damaging, plants from state lands, and using property of state wild lands for commercial gain. A trial for his charges has not been scheduled.

A judge fined Farris and Mayhew $500 plus court costs. Those fees will be suspended after successful completion of one year unsupervised probation. They do, however, have to pay $500 in restitution for Maryland National Resources Police.

First Published: Sep 16, 2010 7:01 AM EDT

Re:a question about poachers 13 years 6 months ago #5609

• Deere
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Two men was sentenced for poaching ginseng in the Great Smoky Mountains Park. 45 days in jail and $1000 dollars in fines for one . The other 15 days in jail and $800 dollars in fines. Being a poacher is a bad idea.

Re:a question about poachers 13 years 6 months ago #5611

I don't think this guy is anything to get worked up about, I suspect it's just a troll. Probably some kid that's bored!

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 439 guests and no members online

Login