Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another flurry of pictures--Ginseng and peaches

Re:Another flurry of pictures--Ginseng and peaches 8 years 8 months ago #36365

Very nice Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Another flurry of pictures--Ginseng and peaches 8 years 8 months ago #36368

Good lookin trees Mr. Hugh. Plants also. Some of the ginseng plants are going down already? Is this natural for some to go down at the end of July?

Re:Another flurry of pictures--Ginseng and peaches 8 years 8 months ago #36390

gareth..

I am sure it is not (the norm) for plants in his area to be yellowing this early.

He has just had a extreme weather year (in his area).

I on the other hand (over in Southern Middle TN) have had a very good year. It has been hot some, but we have not really had any long hot and \"DRY\" spells. We have had good rains all season. The grass and trees here are still nice and green... sort of look like early June condition... but it is the end of July.

Hugh obviously has had worse than usual conditions in his area (Same State as me)... but he is in East TN.

A couple years ago, we had some extreme heat and dry at the end of June here... and some of my seed producing bed plants started yellowing.

They are at the mercy of the weather... and long spells of heat with no rain will sure stress them out and make em turn in early.

TNhunter

Re:Another flurry of pictures--Ginseng and peaches 8 years 8 months ago #36392

Thanks Tn. That makes sense. I guess everything is at the mercy of nature. Everything needs water. If there is a really hot and dry stretch, will the ginseng survive? Does it go into dormancy? How does that work with the plant?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Who's Online

We have 721 guests and no members online

Login