Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Goldenseal

Goldenseal 8 years 8 months ago #36100

Are the berry seed right now

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Goldenseal 8 years 8 months ago #36106

Nope the seeds are still green in Ohio. Not sure about southern states. You probably will just have to go and check as it can vary.
Good luck,
Latt

Re:Goldenseal 8 years 8 months ago #36114

Down here in TN the berries have already ripened. Given your username I take it your in the same area. I checked the other day and found a few shriveled berries caught in a plant top and all the others had fallen

Hillhopper

Re:Goldenseal 8 years 8 months ago #36116

Yea I was just curious I had looked for it before but finally found a pretty good patch the other day most of the berries were gone but two or three plants still had the berries on it is it more common to find the ginseng? Bc I've found a whole lot more ginseng then I ever have of goldenseal

Re:Goldenseal 8 years 8 months ago #36123

Here in the northernmost mountains of NC, I don't have any berry pods yet.

Re:Goldenseal 8 years 8 months ago #36133

I think it has a lot to do with moisture and elavation. I never find any around home but when I go to neighboring counties that are well above 1000' in the flats, then I start seeing it. Around here 900-1000' is a ridgetop and too dry for it I think

Hillhopper

Re:Goldenseal 8 years 8 months ago #36170

I just posted on the goldenseal forum here on this site that my berries were green a week ago and gone now. Cause unknown. Southeastern Ohio.

Re:Goldenseal 8 years 8 months ago #36184

Perhaps they ripened in the last week and the deer got to them. Deer only eat the ripe ones. I have goldenseal around the house and the berries were semi green and red a week ago. So maybe they did get ripe all of sudden. Hope I didn't steer you wrong 4 days ago. If I did sorry. If I get some seeds and you want some I can send you some.
Latt

Re:Goldenseal 8 years 8 months ago #36215

Latt wrote:

Perhaps they ripened in the last week and the deer got to them. Deer only eat the ripe ones. I have goldenseal around the house and the berries were semi green and red a week ago. So maybe they did get ripe all of sudden. Hope I didn't steer you wrong 4 days ago. If I did sorry. If I get some seeds and you want some I can send you some.
Latt

Wow. You are good people Latt! Thank you very much for that offer. I do have plenty coming up wild but I really mostly wanted to see the plant go through it's seasonal cycle more than a need for the seeds. Really wanted to snap some pics of the red berries on them as I have seen some pics and they look real nice with that berry there. I will watch darn close next year.

So apparently (since when I got my property in 2001 there was only one area that had seal) the deer eating the seeds don't kill them, and that is how I have it growing now in so many locations. Is that an accurate assessment? If so then I will just let nature plant them for me!

I have also found four small patches of seng that wasn't there when I got the land. Maybe it is just the lack of poachers since my aquiring it. Either way it's all good and thanks for that offer Latt!

Re:Goldenseal 8 years 8 months ago #36252

TN.Ginsenger wrote:

Yea I was just curious I had looked for it before but finally found a pretty good patch the other day most of the berries were gone but two or three plants still had the berries on it is it more common to find the ginseng? Bc I've found a whole lot more ginseng then I ever have of goldenseal

i find more ginseng than goldenseal too, i only know 2 small patches and will only dig few roots if i need them for medicinal use. and they work

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 731 guests and no members online

Login