2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Heads up Hill!

Heads up Hill! 8 years 8 months ago #35970

I picked about 1/2 bu. of these this evening. The box won't hold that many, but whatever I can get in there without damaging them will be on it's way in the morning. Enjoy!

Hugh
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Heads up Hill! 8 years 8 months ago #35971

They probably need to set for a couple of days on a towel at room temperature to ripen completely out. If you show these to your friends or family, they will be wanting to stay for awhile :lol:
Attachments:

Re:Heads up Hill! 8 years 8 months ago #35972

Thanks, my friend:woohoo: I will welcome this gift with open jaws... In route to buy a half gallon of vanilla ice cream!

Hillhopper

Re:Heads up Hill! 8 years 8 months ago #35973

I probably wont be accepting visitors until I have eat my last one :laugh:

My son said thanks and that he loves peaches

Hillhopper

Re:Heads up Hill! 8 years 8 months ago #36043

Hugh, the peaches arrived Saturday and we have about finished them off. Thanks a bunch, they were awesome. They ripened up just right, almost in sequence at about 3 a day... You turned out some fine ones. IV been meaning to call but my customers have a 4th of July push one me and its been late every night I get home. Hope your having plenty of luck selling

Re:Heads up Hill! 8 years 8 months ago #36044

You're welcome, Hill. I haven't had much of a chance to enjoy any of them because customers have been taking them as fast as they get close to being ripe. Sales have been very good and I hope it continues all through the season. I sprayed yesterday so I'll be out of the orchard for a few days. I believe I'll try to go fishing this morning. Keep making us some money so we can buy lots of seeds. :laugh:

Hugh
Here's one from last week.
Attachments:

Re:Heads up Hill! 8 years 8 months ago #36051

Nice trout Mr. Hugh. Where did you go fishing? I'm glad to hear the peach sales are good for you this season. I'm sure you grow a fine product that sells well.

Re:Heads up Hill! 8 years 8 months ago #36052

Gareth,
This fish was caught very close to the house on the Holston River. This one came from the Watauga River just a couple of days ago.
Attachments:

Re:Heads up Hill! 8 years 8 months ago #36058

Beautiful fish. Many years since I have been trout fishing, sure miss it. Good to see you having a little fun on the rivers. Where is the Watauga at? Never been there before.

Re:Heads up Hill! 8 years 8 months ago #36059

Thank you Gareth,
The Watauga River begins close to Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina. It winds back into Tennessee and is impounded at the State line by Watauga Dam. It goes from the Watauga Dam into another deep reservoir called Wilbur Lake. From Wilbur it flows into Elizabethton, Tn. and it is a first class trout stream. It is part of the beginning of the Holston River that comes right on down through the middle part of East Tn. and helps to form the Tennessee River at Knoxville. That is about a 100 mile trip.

Hugh

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 117 guests and no members online

Login