* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter

Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 9 years 2 weeks ago #34903

Oh yeah...

Got out and hit the creek this morning. Caught a few black perch and one nice smallie.

Going to have a good supper later.

Heard a wild turkey gobbling, waded a nice stretch of creek, flowers blooming and everything green.

Nice.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 9 years 2 weeks ago #34908

TN,
Nice looking string of fish. It looks like you had a good day on the stream.
I'm in full peach tree pruning mode right now and I'm turning down trips to the river. They've finally turned the water off on the tailwater dams and I have to stay home. :(

Hugh

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 9 years 2 weeks ago #34910

Tn,
I can taste em now! You have to love this time of year!

Hillhopper

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 9 years 2 weeks ago #34911

Wow, that's great! I need to so some freshwater fishin' after my saltwater expedition a few weeks ago. What all were you using?

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 9 years 2 weeks ago #34912

Hugh... It felt good to get out there and catch a few. Hope you get to go soon.

You can see one of my peach trees in the background there... it has a few blooms left on it and starting to leaf out now. I hope we get a good crop of those this year.

Hill.. we are grilling those up for supper here in a bit. Can't wait.

PS.. a very simple grill baste or marinate for fish.. a 50/50 mix of A1 & Dales Sauce... I mix it up and let me fillets soak in it for 10 minutes or so and then pop them on the grill and pour a little extra on them. They are done in 8-10 minutes and man so good.

VA... I caught all of those except 1 on a NetBait Baby Paca Craw (soft crawfish bait, rigged up weedless, with a slip sinker).

Our local wal-mart carries those.

I like to fish crawfish type baits, especially early... almost every creek fish you catch and clean has craw's in their belly... but come end of May or first of June when the water warms up.. I switch to topwater baits mostly, and the Rebel PopR is one of my favorites. Nothing like seeing one of those big smallies blow up on a top water bait.

Below is a pic showing what the Paca Craw looks like.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 9 years 2 weeks ago #34914

Very nice. Thanks for that. Can't wait to get out a lake or pond now that the weather is getting better. Beautiful warm day today.

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 9 years 2 weeks ago #34917

nice fish i like to fish with crawdads on a jig this time of year seems every river or creek fish has a stomach full of them love the taste of cold water fish hard to beat em

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 9 years 2 weeks ago #34919

Good catch TN. Beautiful color.

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 9 years 2 weeks ago #34921

Looks like a great day on the water! Good eating that night, I'm betting...

Re:Gone Fishing 2015 - TNhunter 9 years 2 weeks ago #34925

Thanks Guys...

Whit - we ate every one of those yesterday for supper. Grilled them up and there was 4 of us and we cleaned the plate.

Good stuff for sure.

This morning it was a little cold.. 47 degrees here at my house up on a ridge... but I went fishing again anyway. I went to a different place, a small local river and even though it was cold, the smallies were cooperating.

Caught 4 nice ones... going to have another good dinner this week. Think I will fry these up, and have some french fries, hush puppies, etc.. I like em that way too.

I caught one other smallie and a blackperch that were a little too small and turned them back.

I have some neoprene chest waders that I use on mornings like this.. they keep you nice and warm and dry.

TNhunter

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Who's Online

We have 526 guests and no members online

Login