2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 2 months ago #34318

Billy's show is Filthy Riches, not Appalachian outlaws.

Good luck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 2 months ago #34324

I\"ve never seen anything but honesty and an attempt to spread the truth from Billy on the show or otherwise. I can't say that for the AO show. I know they cut and edit things inappropriately partly because they don't know the facts, but partly because they just don't care. I see Billy trying to get the truth out there and can tell they edit him at times.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 2 months ago #34358

Billy's show is very different from AO. Points made here about the Ao show are well taken!

I hate to think that southeastern KY is like the TV show \"Justified\".. which I happen to enjoy. it's a drama, and does not pretend to be serious... i don't mean to offend anyone from that area of the country... i think of it as my favorite show about the single digit gene pool people. just sayin that the AO show makes folks out to be like many of the criminal element of Justified.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 2 months ago #34365

the sad part is justifieds not to far off drugs are destroying eastern ky and are the leading cause of ginseng over harvest in my area id say over half of what,s dug go,s to buy drugs or is traded for drugs before season cant blame AO for that but if sure has added to the problem

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 2 months ago #34367

That's not just true in the eastern part of the state,seeing more and more of it in the south central part as well,but back on topic,I'm new to ginseng yes but not new to the woods,this show is going to get some wanna be's injured emulating the stuff they see,rock bluffs just aren't climbed that fast with minimal handholds,and in the woods you are a long way from help,unless of course you have a camera crew along.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 2 months ago #34378

Bob,
Welcome to the forum. I can just imagine how P.O'ed you were. Makes me mad to read it. Two things that burn me up are disrespect and a thief.

Stewarding and growing ginseng is a great hobby to have and it helps you all the more to enjoy nature.You'll like it.

Good luck and keep those peckerwoods at bay.

Hillhopper

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 2 months ago #34382

Welcome to the forum, BobBoyce.

M4 is a nice addition to your personal arsenal, however it is an assault rifle... hopefully you won't ever have to use it at it's full capacity. I trust that you are not repelling sappers in the wire!

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 2 months ago #34392

This past episode had Coffman buying on opening day, and person after person coming in with fully dried roots. Unless they edited the show timeline poorly, how is that explained?

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 2 months ago #34407

BobBoyce wrote:

Nice catch Mortis. Maybe it was from a prior season, or taken out of season early enough to dry. Never know with the way they edit.

\\

yeah I think the time line on this show is all over the place, I always note the leaves on the trees, one scene green,next partial autumn color, bare with a dusting of snow on the ground and back to green .All within a period of 20 seconds....

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 2 months ago #34435

Well, this is how I really feel: I don't play games on my computer, and I don't watch TV to add to the bulls^*t pile in my life. No time for either in my time left on the planet.

Meaning, in other words, the one episode I watched of this year's AO is all I'm going to view. There's 'way more valuable stuff to view and do in Life!

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 193 guests and no members online

Login