2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Identify problem

Re:Identify problem 14 years 8 months ago #1479

What is it good for snake bite? That all the info i was able to find on it.It is a cool looking plant.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Identify problem 14 years 8 months ago #1480

I am not sure what it is good for but, that would be interesting to find out. If you think it is a neat plantlike that, wait until you see it in the early spring with the \"hood\" over the Pulpit part (the plant in that photo didn't have it), or in the fall after the plant dies away and all that is left is a stem sticking up with a bunch of crimson red berries. The first time I saw one in the fall I thought it was sang plant. lol I think I have a photo somewhere. I will try to find it.

Re:Identify problem 14 years 8 months ago #1481

I cannot find my photos right now but I stold this one off another site. This is what you would see under the leaves in the early spring. A lot of the time there will be two stems with three leaves at the top and then one of the stems will have this hood or pulpit, with what looks like a man standing in it.

Re:Identify problem 14 years 8 months ago #1482

Here is what you might see in the fall once the plant starts to die off but it leaves the berries.

Re:Identify problem 14 years 8 months ago #1542

• Purple
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dieselrider wrote:

Here is what you might see in the fall once the plant starts to die off but it leaves the berries.

Have many of those here in Ohio. Seem like in most place I hunt that plant is always around. Now I know the real name of it many thanks.

Re:Identify problem 14 years 8 months ago #1550

There seems to be some problems down at image saver some sort of crash, can you repost the picture here. I'd like to see if I can put in my two cents, an ag. university sends me alerts of out breaks
for my area, and there's lots of info plus some pictures that may help.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 89 guests and no members online

Login