* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time to say hello and introduce myself

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 5 months ago #14189

Thanks Darrin G,
Good to know that you have two healthy addictions.
I bet there was some Ginseng growing pretty close to where you caught that beautiful brookie. I hope to meet you someday and maybe fish and look for sang together.
Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 5 months ago #14373

Hugh and Darrin,

While fish pics are being shared... let me get in on it :-)

We don't have trout around here but our creeks do have some real nice small mouth bass and blackperch (rock bass). I love to get out and wade the creek and catch em.

Here is a couple of nice smallie's I caught this spring. One was 3 lbs 2 oz and the other around 2 lbs. First and Second cast of the year !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 5 months ago #14374

And now here is a pic of a REAL fisherman...

My Dad from back in 1973.

Notice the top 10 bass in that string weighed 79 lbs 15 oz.

Not many people can say they caught over 100 lbs of large mouth bass, by themselves, in one morning fishing trip.

He was using large black sucker minnows, and said there were tornado warnings out, and he found these fish stacked up on a rock bluff down deep in the lake and just kept pulling them out, one by one, huge fish.

Now that was a fishing day to remember !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 5 months ago #14376

TN,
Thanks for sharing those great pictures. That stringer full caught by your Dad is very,very impressive. That largest Smallmouth that you are holding is one of the darkest ones that I have seen for a while. I also recognize what that is blooming just over the top of it's dorsal fin in the background. That's another love of growing that I have had for years.
Hugh

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 5 months ago #14381

Hugh,

I have two plum trees, two pear trees, two apple trees, two peach trees, two grape vines, a row of 6 tame blackberry bushes, and 3 raised beds 6' x 40' that I grow sweet corn, tomatoes, green and yellow squash, cukes, watermelons, cantelop, okra, lettuce, onions, snap peas, etc... in.

Most all of the garden stuff is gone this late but I do still have a few tomatoes on the vine, some still turning ripe and some nice green ones still growing that I will have to pull and let ripen indoors when we have our first good frost coming on.

I like to grow all kinds of stuff, and just started on planting wild-simulated ginseng last fall. Planted almost 4 lbs of seed last year and working on doing more of that this year.

I am no expert on growing peaches but that lil tree that was blooming in that picture, was a reliance peach tree (semi-dwarf) and man I tell you what it has been a good one. Since it was about 4 years old it has produced a good crop every year. We eat a bunch fresh and my wife makes cobbler's and puts up peach jam.

Here is what that lil blooming peach tree looked like on July 5 this year.

I had to prop the limbs up shortly after that pic, it was so loaded down I was afraid they might break.

This winter I am going to thin out the limbs some and thin out the fruit some next year so it does not get so heavy.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 5 months ago #14387

Very nice smallies, TnHunter! Thanks for sharing those photos, I enjoyed them.

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 5 months ago #15014

im here in tn and me and my friends have lots of dried sain we are looking to sell who is the highest bidder

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 5 months ago #15028

hey im matt and i have tons of dried wild sain between me and my buddies. I was hoping to get over 600 this year but all the dealers are talking skiddish here in TN. what do you know about this.

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 5 months ago #15032

im interested im giving 450 a pound depending on the quality or maybe more call me 513-255-7095 or 513-377-5019 im a licensed buyer in ky and ohio i am deffinately interested in all of your ginseng

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

Who's Online

We have 160 guests and no members online

Login